Jets fire GM Mike Maccagnan, name Adam Gase interim GM

56 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

When the coach doesnt want you to  draft a 3-tech DT and you still go ahead and do it ....

When you did the same thing with drafting DT Leonard Williams a few years ago and then put him at EDGE all but ruining his productivity ...

When you overpaid to draft Darnold basically handing the Colts continued run at the post-season in the AFC in the coming years .....

The Barr fiasco ......

When you guarantee  25 Million to a RB against an Offense oriented coach's express wishes...

When you guarantee  51 Million to a LB also against the recently hired  coach's express wishes...

Excellent list.  I’d also add 99.9% of GM’s don’t survive Todd Bowles as their head coach choice and Hackenburg as their first swing at getting a franchise QB.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

The biggest difference between this and Whaley is that we didn’t give Adam F***** Gase power..

Another difference is that the Jets fanbase isn’t too pleased about this development, whereas the majority of Bills fans were glad to see Whaley gone.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Um, didn't like the Williams pick ??

It was not a popular pick among many Jets fans. Not so much due to the player's talent, but the fact that they have basically been drafting and letting walk the same player/position over and over. Much like the Bills and 1st round CBs, the Jets have been doing it with 1st round DTs for a while.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

It was not a popular pick among many Jets fans. Not so much due to the player's talent, but the fact that they have basically been drafting and letting walk the same player/position over and over. Much like the Bills and 1st round CBs, the Jets have been doing it with 1st round DTs for a while.

The Jets fans wanted to trade down and seemed upset when that didn’t eventuate, but maybe no one else was interested in trading up, so not sure what else the GM is supposed to do other than pick Williams..

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

Is this all that different from what we did with Whaley?

absolutely not, whaley was deadman walking and was let go immediately after the draft and was only kept because it was too late in college evaluation process.

this smacks of incompetence and lack of vision.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, eball said:

@ScottLaw doesn’t follow the Jets either; he just views his job on TSW to be “that guy” critiquing Bills fans critiquing anything another organization does because “McD and Beane haven’t done anything yet.”

The Bills have made the play-offs more recently than the Jets or Dolphins - I guess that is nothing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

The Jets fans wanted to trade down and seemed upset when that didn’t eventuate, but maybe no one else was interested in trading up, so not sure what else the GM is supposed to do other than pick Williams..

Mccagnon was reportedly desperately trying to trade down but couldn’t for what he was looking for. He was trying to recoup picks that he gave up the previous year for Darnold,  but couldn’t. It does make me wonder how much they really wanted Quinnen if they were willing to give him up. 

8 minutes ago, Rico said:

Another difference is that the Jets fanbase isn’t too pleased about this development, whereas the majority of Bills fans were glad to see Whaley gone.

Actually a lot of them seemed to have wanted him gone, just not after he was allowed to spend $100 million in FA and presumably ran the draft

Also saw on the Jets fan boards, speculation is that there was an issue with Hiemerdinger and McG and the Jests decided to dump them both. How much of this is damage control to not make Gase a scapegoat - who knows LOL

I have been saying for months that McCagnan is a terrible GM and would be fired sooner rather than later. Not that bold a prediction, I guess, since anyone with eyes could see how bad he is/was.

It's funny. Looking at the Jets and the Bills, roster wise, and "stage of rebuild" wise, you'd say they're similar. Both just landed what they hope will be franchise QBs. Both followed that up by adding playmaking 1st round DTs. Both are more toward the beginning than the end of a rebuild. There's just one key difference: The Bills have a cohesive, logical, methodical front office and coaching staff in lockstep, while the Jets are basically the pre-Beane dysfunctional Bills of a few years ago. 

It's hard not to look at the Jets from an outside perspective and conclude that they need to blow the entire front office structure up and do a complete organizational rebuild, like the Bills did with Beane and crew. Instead, they now have a head coach who the new GM may not want, and they let the now-ousted GM spend zillions of dollars on players that their coach reportedly doesn't even want. Dysfunction, ineptitude, disorganization...pick your adjective. The Jets are a poorly run organization with a bad head coach who now also has GM duties. 

As a Bills fan, this is glorious to watch.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

21 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I would say she surpassed Madonna in status so couldnt be considered pre-Madonna.  It would be more along the lines of Brittany Spears.

Chronologically, Cher came before Madonna who came before Spears, so Cher (along with Stevie Nicks and Joni Mitchell) are all Pre-Madonna's.  Until another Madonna comes along, Spears can't be a Pre-Madonna.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Sure, that's a tough spot to be in, especially that early in the draft when you want to go BPA and he is the BPA. Maybe go for Jonah Williams at OT to help protect your new QB? Or even Josh Allen at an outside rush position? Or settle for less in the trade down?

Just now, Forward Progress said:

Chronologically, Cher came before Madonna who came before Spears, so Cher (along with Stevie Nicks and Joni Mitchell) are all Pre-Madonna's.  Until another Madonna comes along, Spears can't be a Pre-Madonna.

Lady GaGa says Hi.

Actually she says "Hi-III-i i i i, Hi I i i i "

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Losing Morse to the Bills.

Paradis was still hanging out there for the Jets after Morse was signed and was available for less money.  Instead, Mac leaves the center position without an upgrade to make the splashy signings.

30 minutes ago, eball said:

@ScottLaw doesn’t follow the Jets either; he just views his job on TSW to be “that guy” critiquing Bills fans critiquing anything another organization does because “McD and Beane haven’t done anything yet.”

I am starting to believe he is secretly Jerry Sullivan

• Haha (+1) 5