Jets fire GM Mike Maccagnan, name Adam Gase interim GM

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

No.

Im on record as suggesting I'm not sure what Bills fans are laughing at. We did the same thing two years ago.?

Unsure.  It was pretty clear that Whaley was a lame duck from the post-Rex-firing presser on, and certain once they hired McDermott.

It was arguably not the best choice to keep Whaley through the draft, but it was pretty clear McDermott was basically using him as a scouting service and making the picks, and it's pretty clear McDermott knew who he wanted.  It may well be that they couldn't bring in Beane prior to the Panthers draft without  burning a bunch of bridges around the league.

I don't follow the Jets much: was that their situation?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...stay as GM and rehire Wrecks as HC......get the "Clown Show" in FULL bloom............

Just as long as he doesnt stay as GM and promote  Greggo.

After all he was probably offered the HC job 5 times but turned it down so Gase could get it.  Just ask him he will tell you.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...stay as GM and rehire Wrecks as HC......get the "Clown Show" in FULL bloom............

Better yet keep Gase as the HC and Rex at the GM!  Could you imagine the team Rex would draft!? :D 

• Haha (+1) 1

The Bills did this, however, I trust McDermott a lot more than I trust Gase.

Rumor has it, Gase didn't like the signings of Bell and Mosley.  He is now stuck with them, while the guy who signed them, is gone.  I think McDermott was running FA and the draft, even when Whaley was here.  Doesn't sound like that was the case in NY.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Unsure.  It was pretty clear that Whaley was a lame duck from the post-Rex-firing presser on, and certain once they hired McDermott.

It was arguably not the best choice to keep Whaley through the draft, but it was pretty clear McDermott was basically using him as a scouting service and making the picks, and it's pretty clear McDermott knew who he wanted.  It may well be that they couldn't bring in Beane prior to the Panthers draft without  burning a bunch of bridges around the league.

I don't follow the Jets much: was that their situation?

@ScottLaw doesn’t follow the Jets either; he just views his job on TSW to be “that guy” critiquing Bills fans critiquing anything another organization does because “McD and Beane haven’t done anything yet.”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

No.

Im on record as suggesting I'm not sure what Bills fans are laughing at. We did the same thing two years ago.?

I won't speak for others, but for me I am enjoying the apparent disarray the Jet organization seems to be in.

There was some national and even local (this board for example) of the seemingly disarray the Bills went through.

It worked out well for the Bills in my opinion.

As for McDermott and Gase records.  I'll stick with Bills HC McDermott beating Gase 3 out of 4 times.

Arguably one catch away from 4 out of 4.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Nah.

It does stink of dysfunction, seemed like a power struggle between Mccagnon and Gase with Gase coming out on top. 

In ways it's very similar to the Bills situation a couple years ago. Goes back to ownership not having a clue. A lot like here. 

And in ways it's totally different, but hey...

As for the second part of that sentence, link?

• Like (+1) 1