Jets fire GM Mike Maccagnan, name Adam Gase interim GM

Its 2019.   None of have any idea what the exact motive to fire him is.  For all we know this is more akin to the Russ Brandon termination than letting go of Whaley. 

Personally I would like to think it is because the Jets realize it was a bonehead move to draft Sam Darnold instead of the obviously superior Josh Allen, last year. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

When the coach doesnt want you to  draft a 3-tech DT and you still go ahead and do it ....

When you did the same thing with drafting DT Leonard Williams a few years ago and then put him at EDGE all but ruining his productivity ...

When you overpaid to draft Darnold basically handing the Colts continued run at the post-season in the AFC in the coming years .....

The Barr fiasco ......

When you guarantee  25 Million to a RB against an Offense oriented coach's express wishes...

When you guarantee  51 Million to a LB also against the recently hired  coach's express wishes...

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Like (+1) 4

The Jets problem has been that the Coach and the GM each report to the Owner.  Because of this there is a vast potential for back-biting.  They need to have the coach report to the GM.  I think Gates is a pretty good coach but has done nothing to merit being a GM.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

The Jets problem has been that the Coach and the GM each report to the Owner.  Because of this there is a vast potential for back-biting.  They need to have the coach report to the GM.  I think Gates is a pretty good coach but has done nothing to merit being a GM.

Gase has too much of an ego to report to anyone but the owner. He has a history of conflict with management and players. He needs to run the entire show his way. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mannc said:

What makes you think that?  And who the hell is Gates?

Gase made the playoffs with Tannehill as his QB.  HE has a terrific record in close games.  I expect him to be pretty decent.  But we will see. 

Oh, and good job, typo police.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Peyton Manning loves him. That's it. That's all I got on Gase.

His Denver stint is the only “good” thing he ever did. He was an OC that didn’t call plays. It’s hilarious the jests hired this guy, what a gift to us.