Fantasy? Josh Allen and Tyree Jackson on the field at the same time QB and TE

21 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

Nope, that would be dumb. Put your best players out there and Tyree most likely wont even make the 53.

I wonder how many UDFA QBs have made NFL active rosters their rookie season ... man that has to be a very very small number

13 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I can’t believe how judgmental some people are.  “You can only start a thread under these conditions...” Come on man.

Take a minute after you read how ridiculous the post was. Then click in the posters profile. If someone has like 8 posts, there’s a good chance it’s someone F$&King with you. 

You took the bait. Hook. Line. Sinker. Congrats on being naive. 

On 5/15/2019 at 7:24 AM, JohnBonhamRocks said:

A lot of negativity about the idea, but I think 1-2x per game having him out there as a sub-package Brad Smith type could be useful. Jackson ran in the 4.5s, right? I’m all for making opposing defenses have to gameplan more. 

Come on , really?

11 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Call me crazy, but yes I’d like (i) as varied an offense as possible, and (ii) to make our opponents have to work harder to gameplan against us.

Why would having a undrafted QB playing TE make the defense have to work harder to gameplan?  I would think it would be easier to game plan against.

Edited by klos63

17 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Why would having a undrafted QB playing TE make the defense have to work harder to gameplan?  I would think it would be easier to game plan against.

It doesn't really make much sense to me it's basically a trick play which sure it's always nice to have a few of those in the arsenal, but the moment you have them both out there it's going to be obvious something is up. Better to use players that are out there normally like Knox or Sills if he makes the 53 basically someone that might be able to consistently make a wide open pass that's hopefully made available by the trick.

On 5/15/2019 at 9:24 PM, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Not saying he took the league by storm, but his 6 yards per carry weren’t bad, and again my main reason for liking the idea is to force opposing defenses to take time out of their week to prepare for something we would likely run only 1-2x per game.

As I said above, Brad Smith averaged 6 yards per carry while here. If (admittedly a big if) Jackson can do what Smith did, then I do consider 6 ypc something to cause worry.

He wouldn’t. 

Am I misremembering or didnt he have an awful interception or two. Are we going to put him at tight end for end arounds or is it the throwing threat we'd likely try to use at one point what we're going for?

Brad Smith was a more natural runner. He could return, run routes and read blocks. Having some speed and making something happen on the fly is a completely different skill set in my opinion. I don't think Tyree is good enough to be a decoy in other areas where teams think he'd make a catch, throw a block, or any of that. It'd be the same uncreative attempts at being creative we've watched this team do for years.

He'd trot out there, get motioned into the backfield and run a QB run read option time and time again. I could be wrong and I love creativity. I just don't think Tyree has the skillset that would allow for the unpredictability needed for it to really be effective.

Do you really think the coaching staff will keep a guy on the 53-man roster (not to mention active on gameday), who is not a primary backup, does not play special teams and would only be useful to run 1-2 truck plays every week?  Not going to happen.

Honestly, Tyree Jackson will be lucky to make the 53. 

He's a long-term developmental QB, who went undrafted.  Most teams will not carry 3 QBs on their primary roster, and I don't see us doing it either.  Unless he plays fantastic in training camp/preseason, the Bills will stash him on the practice squad. 

15 hours ago, klos63 said:

I never said TE. I said a Brad Smith-like role given his speed and athleticism. Jackson averaged 4.0 ypc or more in 2016 and 2017, which I’m guessing was because he had to rely on his legs not his arm, whereas he averaged below 3 ypc in 2018 when he had almost 100 more passing attempts than years prior. Point being: he can carry the rock when asked. 

8 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I never said TE. I said a Brad Smith-like role given his speed and athleticism. Jackson averaged 4.0 ypc or more in 2016 and 2017, which I’m guessing was because he had to rely on his legs not his arm, whereas he averaged below 3 ypc in 2018 when he had almost 100 more passing attempts than years prior. Point being: he can carry the rock when asked. 

Another minimally productive, wildly overrated player that somehow still holds fascination for Bills fans.

My fantasy is a day when the Bills never again have to put gadget players on the field in a futile attempt to overcome for not having good players.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/15/2019 at 2:39 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

WTH???    Is this the Joe Webb package thread?  

Tyree Jackson won't make it off of the PS 

....what attributes other than his obvious size and advertised arm strength lead you to believe he'd be a good addition to PS as a QB prospect?.....from what I'm reading, he makes "steak tartare" look "well done" and developing him probably takes more time than it did to build Rome...is it worth it?.....

5 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Another minimally productive, wildly overrated player that somehow still holds fascination for Bills fans.

My fantasy is a day when the Bills never again have to put gadget players on the field in a futile attempt to overcome for not having good players.

How do you explain his 6 ypc as a Bill?

21 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

How do you explain his 6 ypc as a Bill?

On 34 total carries across 3 years?  Are you serious?

In other meaningless statistics, Bruce Mathison had a higher career ypc than Michael Vick.