Fantasy? Josh Allen and Tyree Jackson on the field at the same time QB and TE

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Dawson Knox used to be a QB couldn't he throw the ball on a trick play?

Maybe the"razzle dazzle".  Allen to Sills to Knox to Allen who throws a 50 yard strike to Sills.  As good as an idea as the OP.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Was this during rookie minicamp?  Uh-oh...PS QB may not be in his future

This was during his college games. Towards the end of their season there was a real lack of effort on his part in crucial parts of the game. It actually really surprised me that he was picked up at all by the Bills when they push the effort narrative so much. We will see how useful he can be as a scout team QB. 

..."716" poster who has a scouting background and is one helluva TBD resource, cites his suspect hands and fumble tendencies......not 100% sure, but I think he advocated that Tyree stay in school for another year.....I'd say it sounds like he is chained to the PS and if something happns to Josh or Bradley, McBeane is on the horn versus ANY call up ideas...

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

WTH???    Is this the Joe Webb package thread?  

Tyree Jackson won't make it off of the PS 

I don't even want to see a You+Rang.jpg QB on the PS.

Let him compete with Osweiler, wherever he's at.

11 hours ago, tomur67 said:

I'm daydreaming about these two young QB's with cannon arms , on the field at the same time, not knowing which one would be QB or TE or WR or RB.  Imagine the possibilities.

Keep Dreaming because it won’t happen this year as Tyree is going to be on the PS where he belongs. 

10 hours ago, Homey D. Clown said:

I remember all the success the team had with the Brad Smith package, we killed the league with that....

Ohh wait, no, that sucked balls.

Not saying he took the league by storm, but his 6 yards per carry weren’t bad, and again my main reason for liking the idea is to force opposing defenses to take time out of their week to prepare for something we would likely run only 1-2x per game.

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

They only gameplan for what they fear

As I said above, Brad Smith averaged 6 yards per carry while here. If (admittedly a big if) Jackson can do what Smith did, then I do consider 6 ypc something to cause worry.

7 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

How would he be on the field is he isn't on the 53?

He wouldn’t. 

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks

What's wrong with the tight ends who were signed as tight ends?  Dawson Knox is a bit raw, but he knows more about playing tight end than Tyree Jackson does, and he's just as athletic.  Kroft is not quite as athletic, but is a good all around tight end if he can stay healthy.  I think the OP is overrating the extra couple inches of height that Tyree Jackson possesses.

I want Josh to be nothing but our QB, who spends 99% of his time in the pocket throwing darts or handing off. The only way this makes any sense is if Tyree turns out to be a top 2 TE on this team, after all the TE’s we brought in. I don’t think anybody sees that happening.  

13 hours ago, tomur67 said:

I'm daydreaming about these two young QB's with cannon arms , on the field at the same time, not knowing which one would be QB or TE or WR or RB.  Imagine the possibilities.

Despite the snarky comments here, you aren’t alone - Joe Buscaglia and Matt Fairburn discussed the idea of using Jackson in different packages on their podcast last week.  Of course, few members here would speak as sarcastically to them as they have in this thread.

Its an interesting idea.  I don’t think it will happen this year but if Jackson shows well in preseason it might make it has to sneak him on the PS.  That would make you wonder whether the Bills would take advantage of his athleticism, rather than waste a roster spot and deactivate him every week

4 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Well, if Tyree is gonna be the next Joe Webb......

Laugh now...