Will Cole Beasley be the most important addition to the Bills Roster

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

I was not taking a shot at Beasley or anything, I like the signing.  I am just trying to set expectations as far as output goes, not that its my job to set expectations but we wont see huge stats out of him.   At the end of the day I don't think he moves the needle on wins and losses but also think that about almost any player that is not a QB.   We will see what Beasley's catch % is with the Bills and Allen.   In terms additions that will contribute to more wins, I would say its the collective changes on the OLINE that will have the most impact.  For me to pick one guy, I personally can't pick one out.

Fair enough. Good post.

In my opinion, Beasley will be an upgrade to McKenzie on offense, but not a huge upgrade. At least, not as big an upgrade as Morse will be to Bodine/Groy. The sum total of the upgrades to our O-line better be greater than the upgrade that Beasley represents, or we’re in trouble. 

11 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Cole does have sure hands but even he has not caught 62 mph zingers.

Allen 62 MPH? That gun is broken.

I believe Beasley's ability to improvise down the field will be his greatest asset in this offense. When you think of him, you think of a "checkdown" guy. He is a low YPC guy, but broken plays don't necessarily result in huge gains down the field. Allen will likely still leave the pocket too early on occasion, so you need to have receivers continuing to work after their primary route. I think he's going to be most valuable on these types of plays. 

3 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I'm not going to say that our receivers were good last year, but they were slightly underrated due to a rookie QB and poor protection. I think that upgrading the OL was the highest priority and for good reason.

I also think Singletary is going to surprise a few people. He won't run wide as much as Shady or have many 20+ yard runs, but he'll be good.

Our receivers were slightly underrated?  Oh my. 

• Like (+1) 1

They'll all help each other.  With Brown's speed adding to Foster's, CB's and S's won't be able to play up on the LOS.  Beasley will have more room to roam underneath and the run game should open up.  Then you have the threat of Josh running.

2 hours ago, BillsfanAZ said:

Beasley is the guy I am most excited about. I think he can move the chains if Allen can connect with him. 

if he's 50% of what Edelman, Amendola or Welker have meant to Brady for Josh, I'll take it.......