Will Cole Beasley be the most important addition to the Bills Roster

44 minutes ago, mattynh said:

No, definitely no.  The number 1 thing that can change the offense is the growth of Allen.  I think there is way too much excitement over Beasely outputs basically what Zay did last year.

2018: Zay Jones: 16 games, 56 cathes 652 yards 7 TD's

2018 Beasley: 16 games, 65 catches, 672 yards, 3 TD's.

I have not heard anything bad about Bease.  (other that questionable Bills Fans)   70% catch rate.  I mean come on  that's damn good.  

Every Dallas fan I run into says we got a good deal with Cole. 

19 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

I dont disagree with what you said about Allen being the most important - but the question was about the "addition" this offseason. Also those comparisons of Jones and Beasley are very deceptive. Jones was in for 941 snaps - Beasley was underutilized - was in for only 712. Cole Beasley had 65 catches on just 87 targets. Zay had 102 targets. All Cole's games were consequential. Zay's best game was the inconsequential last game against Miami. This is not to piss on Zay - but more to say - let us cut Cole Beasley some slack. 

I beg to differ on one point

In any game, every caught or "dropped" pass is consequential

13 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Cole is going to be extremely helpful....but I still say the most important aquisition was Morse

Seconded. With Ford perhaps being the second most important addition. Protection trumps weapons in terms of importance in my eyes.

The exciting thing for me is that people are making good cases for:

Beasley

Morse

Oliver

O-Line in general

Gore maybe Singletary

John Brown

Either it's a bunch of mediocrity, which I do not believe is the case (see Oliver, Morse, Beasley is a proven commodity) or the team brought in a lot of good players, which I do think is the case. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Cole does have sure hands but even he has not caught 62 mph zingers.

I do think that he can be the X factor in a few games. But his impact is going to be critically dependent on the OL, deep threats as well as the RB performance. Also we will have to see Allen’s short game touch to see if he can exploit Cole’s strengths.

I continue to believe that the most important acquisition in offense was Mitch Morse. He can allow Allen to step into the pocket and go through his progressions. Then we will know how good Allen is  as a pocket QB. (He is already great as a scrambling QB). This will also give Cole and others time to do their thing - which is get open.

7 hours ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

I would Mitch Morse

I agree.

I like Beasley, and he can become a very important part of this offense. However, Josh Allen has to be given more time in the pocket to throw, this is where our new offensive line comes in, and Morse is the key addition to this line.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not going to say that our receivers were good last year, but they were slightly underrated due to a rookie QB and poor protection. I think that upgrading the OL was the highest priority and for good reason.

I also think Singletary is going to surprise a few people. He won't run wide as much as Shady or have many 20+ yard runs, but he'll be good.

Edited by GreggTX

5 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

I dont disagree with what you said about Allen being the most important - but the question was about the "addition" this offseason. Also those comparisons of Jones and Beasley are very deceptive. Jones was in for 941 snaps - Beasley was underutilized - was in for only 712. Cole Beasley had 65 catches on just 87 targets. Zay had 102 targets. All Cole's games were consequential. Zay's best game was the inconsequential last game against Miami. This is not to piss on Zay - but more to say - let us cut Cole Beasley some slack. 

I was not taking a shot at Beasley or anything, I like the signing.  I am just trying to set expectations as far as output goes, not that its my job to set expectations but we wont see huge stats out of him.   At the end of the day I don't think he moves the needle on wins and losses but also think that about almost any player that is not a QB.   We will see what Beasley's catch % is with the Bills and Allen.   In terms additions that will contribute to more wins, I would say its the collective changes on the OLINE that will have the most impact.  For me to pick one guy, I personally can't pick one out.

8 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Interested in the video but the dude talking 1000mph just kinda ruined it for me. So I couldn't take it anymore after the first few minutes. However, I would say both he and Morse may be the most important addition. Ford could come in and do very well also, rookie or not I expect big things from him.

Where you from, Texas? It was pretty easy to understand.

24 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Where you from, Texas? It was pretty easy to understand.

Gave me a headache. Sounded like he drank 150 cups of coffee and then snorted some lines. And nah,not from Texas, don't see what that has to do with anything either, but anyway. Cool, glad you liked it bra. ?