Sign in to follow this  
HurlyBurly51

SundayTicket.TV Question

All I know is credit card much match address 

can’t use a friends credit card to purchase it with my apartment address we had to use my credit card and he paid me 

Dorms/apartments/MDU will qualify 

4 hours ago, stevestojan said:

I have moved 6 times in the last 10 years (Buffalo, Tucson, VB, DC, back to VB, and now Hoboken).  Each place had full DTV access. However I’ve used DTV streaming at each place. All they require is, when you sign up to “promise” that you don’t have DirectTv access (it’s literally a checkbox on the site after some legalese I ignored). They don’t check, they don’t come look, they don’t care as long as you pay. 

Also, and this is a bit more “controversial” but to sign up for a student account, they do check records. But all that means is they need name and DOB of any current college student and they do an immediate check somehow. That said, every college football team lists their roster with DOB. Am I saying that for the last two seasons I’ve been a random middle linebacker from ODU? I’m not not saying that. But the college student plan is $99 vs $349 for others. If you were to do this, and OF COURSE I’m not recommending it, I probably wouldn’t use Tua, but pick a middle tier college team, click the roster, and BOOM. 

This is the correct answer.

33 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

In 2017 I got the NFL package for $100.  In 2018 they said that offer wasn't available but I still got the package at a reduced rate because I "whined" to Customer retention. 

30 to 40 minutes of time can save you hundreds.  

I have done the whining to Customer Retention for years and got discounts.

Been with them for 20 years and like I said NFL Sunday Ticket AND Center Ice.

This time around even talking to the supervisor in Customer Retention the best they could give is another "free"

Premium Channel deal for 3 months.  I was paying over $220.00 a month.

Still no movement so I told her to cancel me right there on the spot.  Still nothing.

Now that I'm gone they want to give a great deal.

I hope you continue to get your discounts but I evidently used them all up.  LOL

47 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Last year I got the we can't budge on the price BUT we can give you $50 a month off. Gee save 600 and pay 300. Sold.

Same thing for me. I paid $200 + for the basic ticket but got a big monthly discount. 

Ive since bumped down to the basic for $45 a month and will be making my call soon

22 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

This time around even talking to the supervisor in Customer Retention the best they could give is another "free"

Still no movement so I told her to cancel me right there on the spot.  Still nothing.

I hope you continue to get your discounts but I evidently used them all up.  LOL

My bill hits $220 every now and then ....  then I call and don't hang up until I get the deals I am seeking.  

I tell them that I have paid $130 before with discounts and that is all my budget can afford ....  45 minutes  and I'm generally happy. 

Asking for $130 and settling for $150 is a success.  

3 months is 3 months.   45 minutes every 3 months for $20 a month is $200 savings.  

26 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Mainly through this board, I have found that the ones getting the good annual discounts are those who also have an AT&T wireless account.  My whole family is on Verizon for wireless and interwebs and I'm not switching because Verizon has been very stable.  Being bought by AT&T has turned out to be a curse on the non-AT&T DTV customer.  

It sure will be nice when we don't need DTV to watch NFL games.  I don't mind paying the $350 for the Ticket if that was all I had to pay.  Having to have DTV year round sucks.

16 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

I’m hoping you guys who have subscribed to the DirecTV online only streaming version of the Sunday Ticket can help me with a question.  I have had the online Ticket for a number of years now, after having had the dish since the beginning.  Somehow my address came up as eligible, even though I previously had the dish at this same address.

Anyway, my question is, I will be moving this summer to a house that almost certainly will not be eligible.  And I don’t know anyone with college accounts, etc. to work around that.  

So, I am currently on auto renew, so if I let that renew and pay with the same credit card that will probably have my new address tied to it, can I still stream it through my Apple TV anyway?   Or will they have some kind of cross referencing software or geo locator that would block the games for me?  

Hope I explained that situation well enough for some informed individuals to provide better insight!  I don’t want workarounds, either I can somehow continue getting this service, or it’s back to the dish or local pub, both highly undesirable (not that I have anything against pubs😁)

No need for Sunday ticket when there are Reddit streams for free

1 hour ago, Knicks&Bills said:

No need for Sunday ticket when there are Reddit streams for free

the timing of the dropouts makes me think that they (NFL?) are actively trying to disrupt these streams.  

last season we had a perfect feed through the whole game, then while the potential game winning FG was in the air - it went kaput.  could be murphy's law, but I'm thinking it was DDoS

17 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

I’m hoping you guys who have subscribed to the DirecTV online only streaming version of the Sunday Ticket can help me with a question.  I have had the online Ticket for a number of years now, after having had the dish since the beginning.  Somehow my address came up as eligible, even though I previously had the dish at this same address.

Anyway, my question is, I will be moving this summer to a house that almost certainly will not be eligible.  And I don’t know anyone with college accounts, etc. to work around that.  

So, I am currently on auto renew, so if I let that renew and pay with the same credit card that will probably have my new address tied to it, can I still stream it through my Apple TV anyway?   Or will they have some kind of cross referencing software or geo locator that would block the games for me?  

Hope I explained that situation well enough for some informed individuals to provide better insight!  I don’t want workarounds, either I can somehow continue getting this service, or it’s back to the dish or local pub, both highly undesirable (not that I have anything against pubs😁)

I don’t think they care anymore. I can’t remember having to affirm inability to have a dish in a few years. I’ve been streaming Sunday ticket 7 or 8 yrs.  

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

1 hour ago, coloradobillsfan said:

the timing of the dropouts makes me think that they (NFL?) are actively trying to disrupt these streams.  

last season we had a perfect feed through the whole game, then while the potential game winning FG was in the air - it went kaput.  could be murphy's law, but I'm thinking it was DDoS

Problem is Sunday ticket isn’t perfect either. That’s why I usually watch the game at the bar. I live in Jersey 

12 hours ago, stevestojan said:

I have moved 6 times in the last 10 years (Buffalo, Tucson, VB, DC, back to VB, and now Hoboken).  Each place had full DTV access. However I’ve used DTV streaming at each place. All they require is, when you sign up to “promise” that you don’t have DirectTv access (it’s literally a checkbox on the site after some legalese I ignored). They don’t check, they don’t come look, they don’t care as long as you pay. 

Also, and this is a bit more “controversial” but to sign up for a student account, they do check records. But all that means is they need name and DOB of any current college student and they do an immediate check somehow. That said, every college football team lists their roster with DOB. Am I saying that for the last two seasons I’ve been a random middle linebacker from ODU? I’m not not saying that. But the college student plan is $99 vs $349 for others. If you were to do this, and OF COURSE I’m not recommending it, I probably wouldn’t use Tua, but pick a middle tier college team, click the roster, and BOOM. 

Now THIS is F’n FUNNY!! I thought I used to be clever! A few years back, DTV would have the Movers Deal. Where if you were moving, and agreed to take your service with you, they would give you the premium channels, (HBO, Starz, Cinnamax) for 3 months free, as long as you paid the Sunday ticket price of $70 per month.

I already had the pay channels, and my bill was roughly $140 per month. So, for about 5-6 years, right around August every year, I would call them and say that I was moving.

My neighbors address was 411, and I was 501. So, every year I’d just pick a number between them, and I’d change the numbers on my mailbox the day before the installation guy would arrive. Upon arrival, I’d say.. “Hey! There was already a dish here, hooked everything up, and it works great! Have a nice day!” Never heard a peep from the installation guy because, well.. who the hell wants to be up on a roof, in Florida, in August? (About 2 miles away from the Bob Kraft incident, lol) 

So, long story short, I had a good run of about 5-6 years where I got DTV to pay me to watch football! 😎😎 

Oh! But to the point, I have since switched to an Amazon Fire Stick, Jailbroke it, and it has EVERYTHING on there, even all the sports packages for $5 per month.

Edited by Vod Kanockers
Extra

13 hours ago, HansLanda said:

(1) Find literally any address that is eligible (sounds like your soon-to-be-old-place). 

(2) Keep/change your credit card to that address at the time DTV charges They should give some indication when they bill. 

(3) After they bill, change address to your new place. 

I use an OLD Seattle apartment address for this every year. DTV only looks at your CC + Address at the time of billing. They don't monitor during the season. 

This is what I do as well, although I use a friend's address in a condo that is eligible instead of some random one. I think they check the address on your credit card when you initially place the order. After it goes through you can just change the address back the next day. I get billed monthly after my address has been changed back and haven't had a problem.

2 hours ago, Vod Kanockers said:

Oh! But to the point, I have since switched to an Amazon Fire Stick, Jailbroke it, and it has EVERYTHING on there, even all the sports packages for $5 per month.

Mine is jail broken too, kodi, some apks.  Care to PM me which service you use that is reliable? 

Lamp 

my eyes needed adjusting today 

$93.00 for DTV Premium / Super packages.  

Paid $170 last month.   

If you don’t ask you don’t get. 

On 5/15/2019 at 11:11 PM, HurlyBurly51 said:

Mine is jail broken too, kodi, some apks.  Care to PM me which service you use that is reliable? 

There is no such thing as a "jail broken" firestick.  All you do is turn on developer mode and allow packages from unknown sources.  It takes 5 seconds

But if you're going for the bootleg streams, there is no reliable "service".  You get what you get, and the least bad option is still reddit

And a raspberrypi beats firestick for reddit streams

On 5/15/2019 at 8:54 PM, Vod Kanockers said:

How does this work?  I have the firestick; I'm looking for ways to get ST bc I want to dump DTV/AT&T and never deal with them again.  They have gotten so bad since the merger.  I have other options/streams I'm just ready to cut the cord with them. 

But I need a viable alternative to get the games.  

11 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

How does this work?  I have the firestick; I'm looking for ways to get ST bc I want to dump DTV/AT&T and never deal with them again.  They have gotten so bad since the merger.  I have other options/streams I'm just ready to cut the cord with them. 

But I need a viable alternative to get the games.  

I use the Skystream 2 box, and XBMC (older one but still does great) for everything streaming.  I do have basic cable though with the DVR because the one downfall to streaming is you can't set a DVR to record the games if you're not there.  Thinking about getting the newer Skystream box which has the newer 802.11.AC and will allow up to 400mbs streaming wirelessly.  For sports though I hookup the boxes to the ethernet cable directly for smooth streams.

Tim-