Limited Edition "Pancho Power" shirt on sale, portion of every sale to go to Pancho Billa's family

Logic

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

$8 from every sale ($26) goes to the family.

I do understand the company's need to pay the artists that create the shirt, pay for the materials to create the shirt, and to upkeep the website.

26Shirts.com always does this. It's what they are as a company. The create highly specific shirts for certain sports cities (Buffalo among them), and donate part of the proceeds of each sale to various worthy causes. If people want to say they should give the whole amount to the family, I'd point both to the above mentioned costs as well as the fact that numerous apparel companies out there don't donate a single DIME to any worthy causes. The company makes great shirts that are quite popular, and they'd likely sell quite well even if the company didn't give any money to charitable causes, so I find it awesome that they choose to do so at all.

Meh. It’s a special run of a shirt that already had all its design costs paid. It features the dudes face and it is being opened up for sale on the day of his death. 

Id encourage them to cover costs and donate everything else to his family or charity on this very specific limited run. 

99 times out of 100 I’d agree with you but it’s quite literally his face. I’m not trying to derail or get off track or even debate it really but if the site owners end up here reading, I hope they think about it. 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Logic said:

Does it make you feel any better to know that dozens of donations came into the Roswell Park cancer treatment facility in Ezra's name today? I see no problem with fellow Bills fans, in an outpouring of love and appreciation, donating money to cancer research and to Ezra's family to help them re-coup medical costs.

Maybe I'm crazy.

That actually does.  It's going to a cause and not the family.  It's just my opinion that there's a difference between giving money to the family vs cancer research.  Research is worthy of using his celebrity to bring in money. 

I'm not trying to be ugly - just something doesn't seem right about that.   

Just now, 4_kidd_4 said:

Agreed.

I work in healthcare, in the oncology field. I see people refuse beneficial and sometimes lifesaving treatments all the time because they can’t afford to pay for it.

Meanwhile, there’s a fleet of James Bond type cars parked in the doc row and  pharma reps bringing in hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in lunches every other day.

The system is certainly twisted.

Wait.  The last doctor I had would frequently get takeout lunches delivered by this guy in a suit and overcoat.  

I couldn't help but think "why is this well-dressed guy delivering lunch from Olive Garden?  Must be a friend of the doc's or something."

That SOB was probably a pharma rep!

35 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

I mean... RIP and God bless him and his family .... But isn't this what life insurance policies are for? Any responsible adult with children has life insurance.

People sure choose weird times to take moral stands about harmless charitable efforts. Sheesh.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• SDS locked this topic