Shots fired into home of Colts assistant

2 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Maybe I misunderstood your post.

I was being quite sarcastic. I do not believe gun control works for controlling the part of the population that is prone to shooting the hell out of some dudes house.

*edit: unless we mean the proper control of a gun being pointed back in their direction.

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Was that the day we stopped being an agrarian society and moved to a consumer society?  Like it or not you can't pick and choose. 

Can't pick and choose what?   People can only be responsible for themselves if they're farmers?

I've had a few glasses of wine which seems the right time to engage!

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Can't pick and choose what?   People can only be responsible for themselves if they're farmers?

That’s the high class version of “hold my beer and watch this.”

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

You said:

"The road to ruin began the day we abandon the concept that individuals are responsible for their own situation;  economic, criminal, social, etc."

In the post I quoted, you didn't say responsible for themselves, you said own situation. There is a difference between themselves and their situation

Yes.  One has to live off the land.  That's where individuals are truly responsible for their own situation.

There is no "road to ruin" being interdependent on others.

58 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

You said:

"The road to ruin began the day we abandon the concept that individuals are responsible for their own situation;  economic, criminal, social, etc."

In the post I quoted, you didn't say responsible for themselves, you said own situation. There is a difference between themselves and their situation

Yes.  One has to live off the land.  That's where individuals are truly responsible for their own situation.

There is no "road to ruin" being interdependent on others.

Good grief....way to take it to the literal extreme!!