RIP: Tim Conway

Gugny

Aww, that sucks. Apparently when filming the Carol Burnett Show, they would get one take right as scripted and then sometimes the actors would ask to try something. Here's Tim trying something, The Tim Conway Elephant Story:

Edited by ocemur
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ocemur said:

Aww, that sucks. Apparently when filming the Carol Burnett Show, they would get one take right as scripted and then sometimes the actors would ask to try something. Here's Tim trying something, The Tim Conway Elephant Story:

Easily one of the funniest things on video. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, ocemur said:

I'd heard pretty much the opposite: filming was running long, so the directors cut the scene down by cutting Conway's lines to nothing more than "Elephant."  Conway, being Conway, took it on his own initiative to at lib the insane stories as a good-natured "F you" to the directors and to crack up the rest of the cast, as they all tried to do.  It's why Vicki Lawrence's response was so cutting - she was waiting to get on with the scene.

Either way, though, it was hilarious.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

good memories of watching the CB Show in my very very early years, great comedy talent, all of them....

Same here.  Amazing how adult improv humor could be so captivating to kids.   Those 4 were incredible.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I waited tables in Park City, Utah at a steakhouse with Tim Conway's nephew Tom around 1988. That winter Tim and Harvey and a group of about 16 people came in for dinner. Tom and I, who were friends, waited on them. They were hilarious and had a great time. Tim, Harvey, and the group could not have been nicer and threw money on the table as they left, on top of the huge tip already left on the credit cards. I lost track of Tom many years ago, but what a great night at work. 

RIP Tim Conway