Andy Levitre Retires

9 hours ago, WhoTom said:

I felt old when I saw the Frank Gore birthday thread and realized that I was a college student when he was born.

I know. Then when everyone says Gore is "old" at 36! I was in the best shape of my life at 36.

5 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...sorry....Orton goes first...........

Sorry...Billy Joe Hobert!

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

I used the Google machine to see what was said about Levitre when he was drafted.  Check out the Maybin write-up on this site ... LMAO ... https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2009/4/26/854922/2009-nfl-draft-buffalo-bills-pick

I remember Shawn Nelson, many including me thought that was a steal.   During that MNF opener against New England(McKelvin fumble at the worst time part 1 of however many times it happened) he had a nice TD catch early in the gamr making it seem like maybe he was for real.   Never really did much after that, but I remember that catch being on some Bills highlight reels for awhile after. 

Should have retired a Bill.  We either drafted crappy players or didn't sign them after their rookie deals.  I know a lot of folks here thought that Levitre wasn't worth the money, but look at the crap$hows the Bills tried to replace him with.

2013 - Legursky (gag)

2014 - Urbik (serviceable, sort of)

2015-2017 - Richie (not bad, then he went batcrap crazy)

2018 - Vlad (gaggag)

When you look at the RG's we had, it gets even worse, since we could have used Richie and Levitre interchangeably for 3 years.

2014 - Erik Pears (yes, that guy)

2015-2016 - John Miller (OK for a rook, sophomore slump)

2017 - Vlad (gaggaggag)

2018 - Miller (see ya)

So the Bills got three good man years from Richie, and 9 mediocre-poor years from everyone else.  Paying Levitre $6-7M/yr would have been cheap.  Could of, would of, should of [sic].