Andy Levitre Retires

Too bad Ed Wang was terrible, because I always wanted to see the Wang-Levitre-Wood left side. Oh well. 

Guy was a good player here, but a very specific scheme fit. He had a nice career for himself here and I hope he comes back and gets involved with the team in some way. 

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m really starting to feel old

What makes me feel old is things like Fernando tatis Jr in baseball. Like, I remember when his dad was a rookie, he had an entire career, retired, and now his son is in the majors. That kind of stuff makes me do a double take. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 7

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m really starting to feel old

I felt old when I saw the Frank Gore birthday thread and realized that I was a college student when he was born.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I used the Google machine to see what was said about Levitre when he was drafted.  Check out the Maybin write-up on this site ... LMAO ... https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2009/4/26/854922/2009-nfl-draft-buffalo-bills-pick

Amazing we didn’t win more games with a TE group of Shawn Nelson, Derek Fine, and Derek Schouman!

• Haha (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Too bad Ed Wang was terrible, because I always wanted to see the Wang-Levitre-Wood left side. Oh well. 

Guy was a good player here, but a very specific scheme fit. He had a nice career for himself here and I hope he comes back and gets involved with the team in some way. 

What makes me feel old is things like Fernando tatis Jr in baseball. Like, I remember when his dad was a rookie, he had an entire career, retired, and now his son is in the majors. That kind of stuff makes me do a double take. 

Levitre was really in the right place/right time to get paid after his rookie deal with the Bills. Nice player, but not what he appeared to be. Didn't bust on the level of a Byrd, but never lived up to the contract. 

And man. I'll be sitting there watching scores on MLB.COM and do a double take when I see a Fernando Tatis Jr. That guy's still playing? Oh, it's his kid. Crazy.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I used the Google machine to see what was said about Levitre when he was drafted.  Check out the Maybin write-up on this site ... LMAO ... https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2009/4/26/854922/2009-nfl-draft-buffalo-bills-pick

Shawn Nelson was the best pick they made?  That's some comedy there, my friends.

• Like (+1) 1

Not just comedy gold for Nelson as the best pick.   In the poll about how our fans liked the draft picks, Nelson was the ALL TIME high and Jarius Byrd was the (IIRC) LOWEST all time.   We're a passionate bunch, but not always correct...

I really think people overvalue the _position_ that was drafted rather than the player.  Byrd as a db = bad draft pick.  Nelson as a TE (a perpetual need) = good.

Man, we did a solid hit with picks 2, 3, 4.   Wood, Byrd & Levitre.   What a haul it could have been with a better 1st round choice instead of Maybin (*cough*)