Beerball???

Loved these things. Killed one with three buddies in the parking lot before the Bills’ home opener in 1990 and one of the guys slept through the entire game. 

Good times...

33 minutes ago, eball said:

Loved these things. Killed one with three buddies in the parking lot before the Bills’ home opener in 1990 and one of the guys slept through the entire game. 

Good times...

This sounds like something @BringBackFergy would do.  He's been known to nap at tailgates.

Have to love Beerballs.  I remember a guy in the dorm when lacking a tap came up with the genius idea of “tapping” the thing with a hunting knife.  The Beerball exploded and everything in the room was covered in fine beer.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Empty beerball + empty 3 liter + some light engineering = gravity bong of doom!

Ah, the good ol’ Red Jacket days....

Gravity Bong! Holy crap, I had forgotten all about those lung busters!!!

58 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Have to love Beerballs.  I remember a guy in the dorm when lacking a tap came up with the genius idea of “tapping” the thing with a hunting knife.  The Beerball exploded and everything in the room was covered in fine beer.

By fine you mean a mist.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

In a way yes, a sticky and eventually very smelly mist.  The odor of beerballs is not so fine.

Stale beer smells very similar ro dried vomit, IMO.  Our house in Ithaca always smelled like one or the other, or both.

3 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

“Fine” = Matts??

5 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Back when people were normal and not out of control... One could actually bring a beerball into the Rockpile. 

Imagine doing that today.  

You are imagining bringing a nonexistent product into a nonexistent venue.  Imagine that.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, The Senator said:

Stale beer smells very similar ro dried vomit, IMO.  Our house in Ithaca always smelled like one or the other, or both.

Yeah the guys dorm in college always held the stench of sweat, stale beer and vomit.  I am surprised that the thing was not considered a superfund site. 

7 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

“Fine” = Matts??

When you were in College, yes.  As my roommate and best friend (still go to Bills games with him today) back then said “Cheap beer is good beer and free beer is always better!!”

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

That article says the started making them in 76, so no Rockpile! Kegs in the Rockpile yes, beerballs no!

Like i mentioned upthread, we took them in for at least one year at Rich. Must have been 78....i think by 79 they banned them..and forced us to buy Jumbo's..36oz beers!!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

That article says the started making them in 76, so no Rockpile! Kegs in the Rockpile yes, beerballs no!

Like i mentioned upthread, we took them in for at least one year at Rich. Must have been 78....i think by 79 they banned them..and forced us to buy Jumbo's..36oz beers!!!!

Kegs bit heavy!  1/4 keg?

Unfortunately the old guy is dead (neighbor across the street where we lived)... I could of swore he said "beerball."

Which... Would have been prior to 1973 @ Rockpile.  You sure they didn't make them earlier?