National media slowly circling the wagons

21 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

All in good fun brotha. 

Like I said, anything less than 9 wins would be a disappointment. Love what they did with the offensive line but I'm still wary of McDermotts coaching style and their skill position players at WR and TE. 

I just find the Bills fans counting the chickens before they hatch as funny.... like they've learned nothing from the past 20 years of ineptitude. I'll believe they are on the right track when I see it. Until then I question the process.??

actually, if you look into the way too early prediction threads, i'd say by far the majority of the guesses are 8-9 wins.  there are always going to be the 11/12 win people and the 5/6 win people, but i think everyone has the same idea.  this team should be better, but not a sure thing when it comes to the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001030975/article/top-25-nfl-rookies-in-best-position-for-year-1-success

"Big" Ed heading the list of rookies in position to succeed immediately here on this NFL.com list.

1) Ed Oliver, DT, Buffalo Bills: The ninth overall pick -- he should not have fallen that far -- is going to help the underrated Bills defense get the respect it deserves. He will wreck shop from the three-technique position, and defensive guru Sean McDermott is the right guy to get the most out of him. He isn't exactly Aaron Donald 2.0, but he might not be too far off.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

All in good fun brotha. 

Like I said, anything less than 9 wins would be a disappointment. Love what they did with the offensive line but I'm still wary of McDermotts coaching style and their skill position players at WR and TE. 

I just find the Bills fans counting the chickens before they hatch as funny.... like they've learned nothing from the past 20 years of ineptitude. I'll believe they are on the right track when I see it. Until then I question the process.??

So essentially your opinion on whether they'll be good or not has no weight. I mean if you say you're not going to think they'll be good until they actually are why should we care what you predict, your opinion isn't going to change until it's actually happening at which point predictions are worthless.

On 5/14/2019 at 9:23 AM, JerseyBills said:

Just a couple examples but even after our large FA haul , not many ppl beyond the fan base were taking this team serious. Especially since the draft , it seems some national reporters have done some research about this team , including recognizing McBeane as a potential great Hc/Gm combo. I don't mind being under the radar but glad that they're slowly getting the respect they deserve. 

It's playoffs or bust for me. I think Allen is that good and the OL specifically will go such a long way in this team being successful

Bills don't deserve any respect yet.  They were by far the worst team in the league a short 9 months ago.   I was at that Baltimore opener. 

The process continues.  Respect comes from lots of W's.   Winning the offseason only matters then.   They haven't done that yet.

Edited by ProcessTruster

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I predicted 5-7 wins last year before the season. 

I think 8 is their floor and 10 is their ceiling this year. 

What does that have to do with his statement.

no one cares 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/26770190/nfl-coaches-scouts-pick-their-favorite-2019-offseason-moves

Jets, Bills go on the offensive

After drafting a quarterback in 2018, both the Buffalo Bills and New York Jets surrounded their new QBs with offenses full of replacement parts. But each team worked hard this offseason to surround Josh Allen and Sam Darnold, respectively, with much better supporting casts.

"I feel like the Bills' and the Jets' offenses got a lot better," noted one defensive coach. "Both teams were active in free agency -- Buffalo building off of last year and the Jets building with a new coach in Adam Gase."

In Buffalo, the new pieces included wideouts John Brown and Cole Beasley, tight end Tyler Kroft and a plethora of offensive linemen led by center Mitch Morse. The Jets, who fired GM Mike Maccagnan on May 15, landed the most notable free agent of the offseason by signing running back Le'Veon Bell to a four-year deal while also adding Jamison Crowder to their receiving corps.

"I'm not sold on the Buffalo wide receiver signings yet, but at least they were active to get guys," the above coach added, as each should play a prominent role after Buffalo leaned on a thin group of pass-catchers in 2018. "The Jets in the same kind of way got a bunch of weapons for Gase and spent a lot of money in doing so ... There is a lot of hype around free agency, but I would say I've definitely taken note of those teams doing a lot this offseason."

After each team finished in the bottom five in total offense in 2018, there was certainly significant room for growth this offseason. We should see the benefits of the active free agency come September

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019-nfl-season-win-totals-patriots-continue-to-be-a-safe-bet-but-two-other-afc-east-sleepers-will-emerge/

Buffalo Bills  - Win Total: 7 (Over -125, Under +105)

Are the Bills too trendy now? In the podcast above with Dan Lifshatz and Joey Murray from 98.5 the Sports Hub, I expressed my adoration for the Bills offseason and both guys agreed Buffalo was a bit trendy. Vegas agrees too: this line was 6.5, heavily juiced to the over (-160 to -180, depending on where you looked). The Westgate went ahead and swung it up to 7 (-125). That's a big bump in May.

But it's not unreasonable: the Bills had a very good, under-the-radar offseason. They build the foundation around Josh Allen in his second year by adding some quality players at pass catcher and offensive line. Tyler Kroft, a nice tight end addition, is already hurt, so that's not a great start.

But the combo of Zay Jones, Robert Foster, Cole Beasley and John Brown intrigues me. Those aren't sexy names or anything, but they complement each other well and should play to Allen's biggest strength (his deep ball) while improving his biggest weakness (accuracy).

Signing Mitch Morse, Quinton Spain and Ty Nsekhe while drafting Cody Ford presents a massive upgrade to a very bad offensive line. Devin Singletary can learn from geriatrics Frank Goreand LeSean McCoy.

Defensively they can just be good: Buffalo was the No. 2 team in Football Outsiders' defensive metrics last season, and adding Ed Oliver will only help. Sean McDermott is a much better coach than his public perception implies. I think he'll squeeze an unexpected win or two out of this team -- they've now outperformed their Pythagorean win total in each of his two years as coach.

National media says something bad about the Bills, they are idiots and morons.  They say something positive,  what a bunch of geniuses!!!

honest question, why do some of you care?  And when the Bills are good, they get praised all the time. We haven’t been good that much.  Should teams like the Raiders get praised?

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

National media says something bad about the Bills, they are idiots and morons.  They say something positive,  what a bunch of geniuses!!!

honest question, why do some of you care?  And when the Bills are good, they get praised all the time. We haven’t been good that much.  Should teams like the Raiders get praised?

why is there always a couple posters in these threads that have to put off the whole vibe of this stuff being beneath them?

the train is never late and there's always 3 or 4 of you. its like clockwork. somebody starts a harmless thread like this and then somebody too cool to care about what the media thinks always has to come in and make sure we know they are too cool to care. 

a lot of people stay pretty even keeled about it one way or the other. I've linked a couple things in here but I personally take the good and the bad at this time of year pretty lightly

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-today-deion-sanders-advice-for-tre-white  (from https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/5/21/18623431/nfl-position-improved-groups-division-free-agency-draft-2019

3 - Bills have most improved group in AFC East

It’s no secret to anyone that the Bills had to improve the offensive line heading into this season. Buffalo finished 21st in sack percentage and 30th in adjusted line yards while averaging 4.7 yards per play last year.

So General Manager Brandon Beane went out and gave the Bills an offensive line that can compete with anybody. He grabbed top-end talent with center Mitch Morse and guys who can be instant starters with Ty Nsekhe and Cody Ford via free agency and the draft. Not only that, the Bills have depth up front with guys like Spencer Long and Quinton Spain.

These additions and more led SBNation to name the Bills' o-line the   most improved of any unit   in the AFC East this past offseason.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

sorry if this was repeated 

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-today-josh-allen-poised-for-breakout-season

1 - Josh Allen poised for breakout season

Pete Prisco released his list of 10 players who are poised for big things this season. These are players who flashed as rookies late in the season or a player who just needs to be healthy to show his star ability.

This year’s list includes a quarterback, two running backs, one wide receivers, two edge rushers, one interior lineman, two corners and a safety.

There were five quarterbacks taken in the first-round of the 2018 NFL Draft. Josh Allen excelled toward the end of last year and thus makes Prisco’s list.

What he did last year with a horrible supporting cast was impressive. Yes, I know the completion percentage was bad, but he had poor play from his receivers with a ton of drops. Allen's athletic ability surprised a lot of people, and we know he has the big arm.

With the improvements this team made on offense in the spring in free agency and in the draft, Allen's play will get better. For all those out there who considered him a draft reach, this is the year they will begin to regret those feelings.

Allen will be a big-time player in the league for a long time, and it will start this season.

19 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

why is there always a couple posters in these threads that have to put off the whole vibe of this stuff being beneath them?

the train is never late and there's always 3 or 4 of you. its like clockwork. somebody starts a harmless thread like this and then somebody too cool to care about what the media thinks always has to come in and make sure we know they are too cool to care. 

a lot of people stay pretty even keeled about it one way or the other. I've linked a couple things in here but I personally take the good and the bad at this time of year pretty lightly

Because some of you talk out of both sides of your mouth and have no consistency.  Someone on the media posts a bad thing about the Bills, you trash them and make personal attacks.  When they say something positive, they get praised. Be consistent. 

I dont care and its weird some people do. Do you I guess but be consistent.  

Typically rookies take some time to get up to speed at the NFL level. My biggest question is how are players from last year or the year before will handle their own. A good veteran presence is needed to guide the younger players into the right direction. I'm not sure I see that. We are very inexperienced and lots of mistakes are made by the younger guys, which to me is caveat of having a team with too much youth. Good draft but is the pipeline loaded? Is the train stacked.