National media slowly circling the wagons

Yeah when I see the Raiders I see a team that won 4 games last year, let a lot of talent go, picked up some pieces to make up for it but isn't winning more than 5 games this season either.

Poor Raiders fans, Oakland, L.A., Vegas... pinballing around from city to city with a total weenie as an owner.  Don't even have a home this season.

This guy makes Ralph look like a big spender.   

Disaster.  Imagine trying to raise a family as a long time Raiders player or employee,  Oakland, L.A. and Vegas are probably the bottom three places in the nation to raise kids and they hit em all.

7 hours ago, SCBills said:

If you watch ESPN, you'll never hear about our offseason because we didn't bring in guys like LeVeon Bell or Antonio Brown.  If we're good this year it will be a complete shock to them.

However, the analysts who truly follow football seem to know what's up.  They won't be surprised.

Can this ESPN slight still go back to Tom Donahoe and Chris Mortenson?

The national media is always being judged for their insight and predictions.  That makes it very difficult for many to put themselves out there for a team like our Bill's who have not put many W's down.  I feel confident in the current roster and look forward to more positive press next year.  

8 hours ago, SCBills said:

If you watch ESPN, you'll never hear about our offseason because we didn't bring in guys like LeVeon Bell or Antonio Brown.  If we're good this year it will be a complete shock to them.

However, the analysts who truly follow football seem to know what's up.  They won't be surprised.

Those types of FA moves do more harm than good imo. ESPN can suck it

6 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Media hype is worthless. These “experts” are constantly bashed here for not knowing what they are talking about but as soon as they say something good you guys come running like a B word in heat.

A Bangarang in heat?  That sounds really bad.

The thing I really liked about our 1st two picks (and our free agency)

- Oliver......getting Oliver does not just help our pass rush up the middle (and if this guy is as good as I THINK he is.....he is a "move the needle player") it also makes players around him better......what do QB's want to do to avoid outside pass rush?   They want to step up into the pocket.......what do DE's want to do...they want to swim upfield and get after the QB.....if the QB cannot step up then the ouside rush becomes MUCH more of a factor play by play....Oliver ALSO graded out as a elite run defender in college.....what did we have a problem doing last year?   Stopping the run.

- Ford.....it looked like we LITERALLY could not run to the right side of our offensive line last year.....Ford (and company we added a lot of talent here) essentiall causes the whole offense to become more balanced......we will probably run a lot more and be a lot more successful at it......what is Josh Allen REALLY good at?  Play action......and now we have 2 legit deep threats and a multitude of intermediate pass catchers to throw to.

The other thing I liked about the draft.....taking players that are very talented but might not start right away in Singletary and Knox.....to me those guys are like "stash picks" because we did so much in free agency but there will come a time during this season when we will be VERY thankful that we added guys that are depth players now and strong contributers in the future

Loved this draft.......

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

It's hard to think that he wouldn't be good for 6 sacks at a minimum. That step is lethal and Star and Dirty Harry will be eating up blockers inside.

To be clear I am very excited for Oliver.  That said its worth pointing out Kyle Williams totaled 6sacks or more once in his career.

It’s as simple as this: “real” football people see the process implemented by McD and Beane and acknowledge the potential now evident in the organization. Those looking for splashy headlines and clickbait go for the tried-and-true storylines and big market teams/names. That won’t change until the Ws are on the scoreboard, but when that happens watch how much love the Bills will suddenly receive. 

It does seem to me a lot rests on Allen's shoulders. And the coaching staff getting all these new players on the same page and playing fast. 

I do hope they settle on the o-line starters relatively quickly. Last year they seemed to be trying out new players or having them switch o-line positions up to the very end of pre-season. They need to work together to get synchronized. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, JustWinPlease said:

This happens every single year.

And what respect do they deserve? They haven't accomplished anything yet.

They will get respect and be taken seriously when they start consistently winning.

Winning the offseason and the draft means nothing if it doesn't translate to the football field...we've been here so many times before, and it never worked.

And what respect do the Raiders deserve?  Yet they're being discussed as a potential wild card in the very article posted here.

On 5/14/2019 at 10:15 AM, 947 said:

39 Tackles & only 3 Sacks? This is hugely underestimating Oliver. It'd be disappointing if Oliver only had that level of impact. Harrison Phillips had 35 tackles as a rookie playing only 38% of the snaps. Ed will play a much higher % of snaps, and make a much bigger impact. I'm thinking 50+ tackles & 8 Sacks.

67 and 16, DROY and All-Pro.

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:01 AM, I am the egg man said:

.....and should the Bills stumble out of the gate, the media wagon train circle will look like this:

Image result for wagon train gif

They're quick to abandon and not a loyal bunch.

More Like the Gravy Train.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/5/14/18564335/buffalo-bills-2019-season-josh-allen-franchise-quarterback-draft

A big part of Buffalo’s offseason plan has been to follow the Rams’ and Bears’ lead and surround its budding young quarterback with weapons, though with fewer big names than either of those teams. The Bills were active in free agency, enhancing Allen’s blocking with a cache of offensive linemen (Mitch Morse, Ty Nsekhe, Spencer Long, Jon Feliciano, Quinton Spain, and LaAdrian Waddle). A whole bunch of reliable, if not super exciting veteran skill players followed.

Cole Beasley, John Brown, and Andre Roberts are all new members of the receiving corps, giving Allen a wide range of slot targets and deep threats. Tyler Kroft came over from Cincinnati to fill the tight end void left after Charles Clay’s release. T.J. Yeldon and Frank Gore will work to spell LeSean McCoy and keep a top-10 rushing offense afloat.

Adding those useful vets isn’t quite the Robert Woods-Cooper Kupp-Josh Reynolds the Rams gave Jared Goff or the Allen Robinson-Trey Burton-Taylor Gabriel that led Mitchell Trubisky to a breakout season in Chicago, but it’s a definite step in the right direction.

And Buffalo crushed the 2019 NFL Draft

Things worked out exceptionally as the pieces slid into place this April. Thanks to some reaches and expected drops, the Bills were able to fix two of their biggest remaining holes in the first and second rounds of this year’s draft

• Thank you (+1) 1

The key to building a team is right up the middle of the field. In just two years the Bills now have a new QB, Center, DT and MLB. That’s where it starts and that’s where you should see the biggest improvements that’ll raise the level of the rest of the roster.

• Like (+1) 1