National media slowly circling the wagons

Just a couple examples but even after our large FA haul , not many ppl beyond the fan base were taking this team serious. Especially since the draft , it seems some national reporters have done some research about this team , including recognizing McBeane as a potential great Hc/Gm combo. I don't mind being under the radar but glad that they're slowly getting the respect they deserve. 

It's playoffs or bust for me. I think Allen is that good and the OL specifically will go such a long way in this team being successful

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

We get two legit ist rounders going to make an immediate imp[act.  Hopefully, our new  O Line coach can take all the new pieces and if we are lucky, we could go from one of the wor4st offensive lines to one of the best.  I assume that will take a long time, probably by mid-season until they are a cohesive unit.  I think it is very easy to predict the Bills as one of the most improved teams.

Now the issue is going to be Josh Allen, no more excuses about his porous o line and I am going to assume they drops will be cut in half.  My number one concern this year is going to be his accuracy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

If you watch ESPN, you'll never hear about our offseason because we didn't bring in guys like LeVeon Bell or Antonio Brown.  If we're good this year it will be a complete shock to them.

However, the analysts who truly follow football seem to know what's up.  They won't be surprised.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

We get two legit ist rounders going to make an immediate imp[act.  Hopefully, our new  O Line coach can take all the new pieces and if we are lucky, we could go from one of the wor4st offensive lines to one of the best.  I assume that will take a long time, probably by mid-season until they are a cohesive unit.  I think it is very easy to predict the Bills as one of the most improved teams.

Now the issue is going to be Josh Allen, no more excuses about his porous o line and I am going to assume they drops will be cut in half.  My number one concern this year is going to be his accuracy.

Same. The defense is likely at Least top 5 , if not number 1 . 

ST was addressed and should improve significantly. Periose (former ST ace from Mia) and Roberts for example are both ST aces.

Ya, it all comes down to Allens progression , which I feel will be significant. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Just a couple examples but even after our large FA haul , not many ppl beyond the fan base were taking this team serious. Especially since the draft , it seems some national reporters have done some research about this team , including recognizing McBeane as a potential great Hc/Gm combo. I don't mind being under the radar but glad that they're slowly getting the respect they deserve. 

It's playoffs or bust for me. I think Allen is that good and the OL specifically will go such a long way in this team being successful

We weren't a good team last year and until we do something good during the regular season we won't get a ton of praise. And why would you want praise from the 'experts' that Bills fans rail on all the time for not realizing how great Buffalo is? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

.....and should the Bills stumble out of the gate, the media wagon train circle will look like this:

Image result for wagon train gif

They're quick to abandon and not a loyal bunch.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Haha (+1) 1

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/insider/story/_/id/26725419/15-rookies-2019-nfl-draft-landed-perfect-teams

Ed Oliver, DT, Buffalo Bills (No. 9)

Clay's 2019 projections: 39 total tackles and three sacks

Oliver is a fit in Buffalo's 40 front, because we will see his upside as an interior disruptor playing in his natural position as a 3-technique tackle. With Oliver's 6-foot-2, 287-pound frame and rare movement skills, I compared him to Bengals defensive tackle Geno Atkins leading up to the draft.

Oliver's first step off the snap is legit, and I love the effort level he shows on film. Line him up at a position that caters to his skill set, and let the former Houston star create chaos in both base and sub-package personnel.

40 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I don't disagree.  Chemistry is a huge factor in offensive line effectiveness, and it takes time.  I'm hoping that the decision on a starting five gets made quickly, if not by minicamp in June, then in the first week of training camp.  Then give them a lot of snaps in preseason.  Even then, the problem is they will see vanilla defenses for the most part in preseason.  It'll take at least some regular season games for them to get a feel for what their linemates are going to do when defenses dial up exotic blitzes and stunting.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/insider/story/_/id/26725419/15-rookies-2019-nfl-draft-landed-perfect-teams

Oliver is a fit in Buffalo's 40 front, because we will see his upside as an interior disruptor playing in his natural position as a 3-technique tackle. With Oliver's 6-foot-2, 287-pound frame and rare movement skills, I compared him to Bengals defensive tackle Geno Atkins leading up to the draft.

Oliver's first step off the snap is legit, and I love the effort level he shows on film. Line him up at a position that caters to his skill set, and let the former Houston star create chaos in both base and sub-package personnel.

39 Tackles & only 3 Sacks? This is hugely underestimating Oliver. It'd be disappointing if Oliver only had that level of impact. Harrison Phillips had 35 tackles as a rookie playing only 38% of the snaps. Ed will play a much higher % of snaps, and make a much bigger impact. I'm thinking 50+ tackles & 8 Sacks.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 947 said:

39 Tackles & only 3 Sacks? This is hugely underestimating Oliver. It'd be disappointing if Oliver only had that level of impact. Harrison Phillips had 35 tackles as a rookie playing only 38% of the snaps. Ed will play a much higher % of snaps, and make a much bigger impact. I'm thinking 50+ tackles & 8 Sacks.

the projections aren't from the same dude that actually made the article.... the article is actually talking about most instant impact rookies and he just teams it with somebody else projections.

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

It's hard to think that he wouldn't be good for 6 sacks at a minimum. That step is lethal and Star and Dirty Harry will be eating up blockers inside.

Gotta beat New England. To me that's what it is all about. We have been up and down and hovering around the middle of the road for awhile now. Win the AFC EAst, and everything changes. I don't want to just wait for those guys to retire. I want to beat their asses so bad that they are forced to retire. 

• Like (+1) 14

1 hour ago, billieve420 said:

We will only go as far as Allen can take this team. This is an important year in his development. I am hoping for big things come year 3.

yup. if he's the guy this team will win a lot of games. 

This happens every single year.

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

And what respect do they deserve? They haven't accomplished anything yet.

They will get respect and be taken seriously when they start consistently winning.

Winning the offseason and the draft means nothing if it doesn't translate to the football field...we've been here so many times before, and it never worked.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Media hype is worthless. These “experts” are constantly bashed here for not knowing what they are talking about but as soon as they say something good you guys come running like a B word in heat.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Sports 101 -- You're never as good as they say you are; and you're never as bad as they say you are.

Edit Update, It was said by Lou Holtz: You're never as good as they say you are when you win; and you're never as bad as they say you are when you lose.

Edited by boater