Happy 36th birthday to Frank Gore!

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If Gore didn't tear up those knees he would have been in the conversation with Jim Brown, Sayers, OJ, Sanders as a big production + big play back as well .

Frank Gore had Marshall Faulk speed and open field ability in addition to power.    Easy to forget because he's still playing NOW......but at the time of his injuries ACL's weren't a given to repair and come back close to 100%.    He was severely hampered by the surgeries and just turned into a relative grinder by comparison and has still been tremendous.

Didn't Thurman Thomas play his entire career with a torn ACL?

Just the question of whether the surgeries were wholly responsible for the change or if in part it's a matter of the college/NFL transition.

Either way, Gore has still had a tremendous career.

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s still in HS next year - 2020 recruit. He still could have verbally committed, but according to Rivals he has 4 offers and UB not listed. 

That's dated. 10/18. He didn't sign w/Kentucky.

We'll find out soon enough.

7 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

That's dated. 10/18. He didn't sign w/Kentucky.

We'll find out soon enough.

He can’t sign for another 6 months at the earliest. 247 doesn’t show UB either but does show Miami unlike Rivals. Shows he has some interest in UK and no Crystal Ball prediction... 

Edited by YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He can’t sign for another 6 months at the earliest. 247 doesn’t show UB either but does show Miami unlike Rivals. Shows he has some interest in UK and no Crystal Ball prediction... 

I'm sure 716 and of Promo will chime in with the inside scoop.I'm about 90 % sure Sal C. reported it and he's pretty legit.

For all I know..Sal meant setting something up (visit) to UB.....which makes a lot of sense for obvious reasons.

7 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

It’s almost unnatural...36 year old pro running back

...you never know...Deadskins took a flyer on AD (albeit 3 years younger) with a one year vet minimum deal ($1.015 mil) and got 1,042 yards rushing in return.....and rewarded him with 2 year deal now....

SPOTRAC

Adrian Peterson signed a 2 year, $5,030,000 contract with the Washington Redskins, including a $1,500,000 signing bonus, $1,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $2,515,000. In 2019, Peterson will earn a base salary of $1,030,000 and a signing bonus of $1,500,000, while carrying a cap hit of $1,780,000 and a dead cap value of $1,500,000.

35 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I'm sure 716 and of Promo will chime in with the inside scoop.I'm about 90 % sure Sal C. reported it and he's pretty legit.

For all I know..Sal meant setting something up (visit) to UB.....which makes a lot of sense for obvious reasons.

I remember it being reported as an offer as well. Not sure why it isn’t listed.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

He had 130 yards rushing for the Colts in that snow game in Buffalo back in 2017.........his highest output of the season.

The cold don't bother him..........it just makes him even less fun to tackle.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 5/14/2019 at 10:28 AM, cage said:

I"m sure this has been posted somewhere, but what is the current record for oldest RB to take a carry?  I wonder if it will be broken this year?

Since the NFL/AFL merger of those slated as a RB, I believe it's Marcus Allen is the oldest who played until he was 37.  What Gore's doing is incredible.  Has to be genetics and a hard work ethic.

• Like (+1) 2