Happy 36th birthday to Frank Gore!

If Gore didn't tear up those knees he would have been in the conversation with Jim Brown, Sayers, OJ, Sanders as a big production + big play back as well .

Frank Gore had Marshall Faulk speed and open field ability in addition to power.    Easy to forget because he's still playing NOW......but at the time of his injuries ACL's weren't a given to repair and come back close to 100%.    He was severely hampered by the surgeries and just turned into a relative grinder by comparison and has still been tremendous.

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

D6h9u-KWwAAwZLt.jpg

Happy Birthday youngster 

The Incovenient Truth...........Frank Gore is a great..........probably the last RB we see with a long HOF career.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If Gore didn't tear up those knees he would have been in the conversation with Jim Brown, Sayers, OJ, Sanders as a big production + big play back as well .

Frank Gore had Marshall Faulk speed and open field ability in addition to power.    Easy to forget because he's still playing NOW......but at the time of his injuries ACL's weren't a given to repair and come back close to 100%.    He was severely hampered by the surgeries and just turned into a relative grinder by comparison and has still been tremendous.

The Incovenient Truth...........Frank Gore is a great..........probably the last RB we see with a long HOF career.

Wow.   I like Gore but I just don’t see him in the Jim Brown/OJ category.

12 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Wow.   I like Gore but I just don’t see him in the Jim Brown/OJ category.

Like I said he wasn't close to the same player after the knee issues.     As a freshman in 2001 every time he touched the ball it was electric........he averaged over 9 yards per carry.

The college knee injuries were spring 2002 and in-season 2003............so long ago that it was a different time for ACL recovery expectations.

After the second one it was thought that his chance at a pro career was probably finished.    

He went from a spectacular open field runner who mainly ran away and around people to a guy who had to fight for yardage.   

I hope for the best, but expect at some point that Gore is going to hit the brick wall.  It doesn't matter what he did last year or the year before.   Sooner rather than later, the wheels are going to fall off. 

Maybe a year as a short yardage back with 3-5 carries a game.  Anything more than that...you may be setting yourself up for disappointment.