Steve Tasker, one of toughest listens [CBS contract not renewed!]

Estro

6 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I missed the quote stating they don't put a lot of effort in. If that's they case they should be embarrassed, I can't believe they even admit that.

A.) “We’re untouchable due to our status”

or

B.) “We don’t need this gig.  So fire us.”

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/26/2019 at 8:57 AM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....trash Tasker all you want....but it's hard to deny how former players like Tasker, Kelso, et al remain connected to the team as well as taking up residency in Bflo post career.....sure as hell should acknowledge these guys for their never ending commitment to the Bills IMO.....

Yes, let's lavish praise on guys cashing in on their career's here. They should be off limits when it's time for critical evaluation...

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

Yes, let's lavish praise on guys cashing in on their career's here. They should be off limits when it's time for critical evaluation...

I'd take a superbowl over any of these guys living in Buffalo. What does that mean to me? And what does it achieve?

No one is coming to buffalo because Tasker stutters through a sentence about how great it is.

• Like (+1) 3

On 5/14/2019 at 4:29 AM, HOUSE said:

I guess you guys are to young to remember Ernie Warlick Sports ....RIP my friend

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/ernie-warlick-obituary?pid=178932675

Image result for Ernie Warlick buffalo bills

I used to see him at his hamburger  stand/'restaurant on Main St between Bennet High School and St Marys School for the deaf.I lived less than a mile away. The big man(he had to be 6'6") always had a big smile for his customers.

Edited by Tcali
  • Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I missed the quote stating they don't put a lot of effort in. If that's they case they should be embarrassed, I can't believe they even admit that.

I believe it was just a couple of weeks ago. They were laughing about it as if was no big deal.

That’s how low the bar is set by TPTB.

12 hours ago, RockpileSurvivor said:

I believe it was just a couple of weeks ago. They were laughing about it as if was no big deal.

That’s how low the bar is set by TPTB.

Schoop and the Bulldog often laugh about how little time they put into their jobs.  

On 5/21/2019 at 11:09 PM, The Dean said:

Tasker was a terrific ST player and, IMO, deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.

OTOH, he was an abysmal football analyst and was nearly unlistenable--at least for me. My guess is, Steve didn't prepare for his analyst job to the same extent he did for football. It was embarrassing as a Bills fan. 

Never had much of a chance to hear Kelso, but I thought what I heard of him was OK. Hopefully Wood will excel. 

I think "abysmal" is an exaggeration; I always thought he was merely pedestrian.

But that's in a group that includes such luminaries as Booger McFarland, Beastley Reece, and Joe Namath.  So the bar's pretty low.

54 minutes ago, bbb said:

Schoop and the Bulldog often laugh about how little time they put into their jobs.  

That's not exactly accurate, but the many fans here who have decided that S&B are terrible aren't going to bother with the details regarding the merits of your statement anyway.

13 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

That's not exactly accurate, but the many fans here who have decided that S&B are terrible aren't going to bother with the details regarding the merits of your statement anyway.

What isn't accurate?  

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2019 at 3:02 PM, Ol Dirty B said:

Murph just said it again a few minutes ago at the very beginning of the interview with Andre Reed.

I believe this is the exact quote from Murph...if not, its very close.

“We do as little homework as possible...but we do a little bit.”

Edited by RockpileSurvivor
  • Like (+1) 1