Steve Tasker, one of toughest listens [CBS contract not renewed!]

Estro

Tasker was rough early on during his tenure at CBS, but I feel he improved dramatically over the past few years. I liked seeing him do on TV; I like to see former Bills succeed. Best of luck to him, I’m sure he will be fine. 

2 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Good lord, what's with all the hostility around here.  

...EXACTLY.......plenty of Bills retirees who decide to make Buffalo their permanent home.....pretty damn good testament IMO and they remain actively involved publicly and on a charitable note.........

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

welcome....

don't take anything too seriously here... 

...with minis done and day one of OTA's in the books, SERIOUSLY concerned that there has not been ONE "official TBD bust label".....YET.......somethin' ain't passin' the smell test....perhaps a measles epidemic struck?......

30 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Just a guess, but I think you misread the topic. Taster is out a commentator for 21 years from cbs. Not, locally or on Bills radio broadcasts.

No Sir. It was announced yesterday at noon on OBL, talked about in another Tasker thread, and I was just bringing to light what I thought was already lit. I didn't mean to sound all knowing, was just passing along the info. No ill will on my behalf. Sorry if it sounded like it

Edit...thread topic title has since been changed

Edited by BuffAlone
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...with minis done and day one of OTA's in the books, SERIOUSLY concerned that there has not been ONE "official TBD bust label".....YET.......somethin' ain't passin' the smell test....perhaps a measles epidemic struck?......

thank you.... :D

I heard Tasker talk about this yesterday. He really is a great guy, was completely honest and talked about his time there quite openly. I've said it before but considering the guy is a wall of famer and is always in discussions for HOF consideration, considered widely to be the GREATEST special teamer of all time, he has zero arrogance about him. If you didn't know he was a former player you wouldn't even guess. He's just a really, really nice guy.

But man he is painful to listen to for more than five minutes. Maybe give him a segment on Fridays before the games so he can give his thoughts. Actually he'd probably only be able to articulate one thought in five minutes.

I can imagine him ordering food in a restaurant:

Waiter: what can I get you Mr Tasker

Tasker: Good question, I erm, I guess I, well, lets take a look at the erm, the... the er...

Murphy (busy eating his fifth steak and eggs): the menu

Tasker: yeah, the menu. Hmmm. I guess there's a lot here, so I'll just go for the erm. you know. The way I'm feeling right now, with it being morning, which is different to evening. So with that in mind I'll probably just have lunch...

Murphy: Breakfast

Tasker: Right. Breakfast. I think the best thing, when you look at it from top to bottom would be, what are those things, those things that are round they put them in a stack. You know, we always pour over that stuff that comes from trees?

Murphy: Pancakes?

Tasker: Ya, that's it. I'll take the pancakes

Waiter: I'm afraid Mr Murphy has eaten all the pancakes.

Edited by RobbRiddick
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I heard Tasker talk about this yesterday. He really is a great guy, was completely honest and talked about his time there quite openly. I've said it before but considering the guy is a wall of famer and is always in discussions for HOF consideration, considered widely to be the GREATEST special teamer of all time, he has zero arrogance about him. If you didn't know he was a former player you wouldn't even guess. He's just a really, really nice guy.

But man he is painful to listen to for more than five minutes.

Man. That was a RAPID 180. I wasn't prepared for the BUT after that glowing intro!

Tasker actually mentioned this on OBL a week or 2 ago. I guess no one picked up on it.

4 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

Whats your problem? I made my intentions known to the OP and life is great. And then...you. Lmao. Stop it. You don't know me or my "charade". How do you even know if I'm a man? Seriously....what's the issue? I made my intentions known from the get go. Settle down bud. No ill intent here except for what you are bringing

It's the "bud" aspect. That's generally seen as condescending.