Steve Tasker, one of toughest listens [CBS contract not renewed!]

Estro

Just now, BuffAlone said:

Not trying to be mean, but tasker announcement was 24 hours ago, and wood had a thread started an hour ago

This is the first I've heard of Tasker.

16 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

If anything, just remove the Kelso reference in your title and make the thread about ( THANK GOD ) Tasker being out.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Are you saying he's not? A lot can be said about Murphy, but he's a good radio professional that's good at speaking and getting his point across.

Well, he doesn't slur his words or anything I guess.  That's not equivalent to being articulate.

But the next time he makes a cogent original point will be his first time.   Every sentence ends with:  "i mean, right?" and "don'cha think?".  He repeats himself endlessly.

Here's just one example:  caller says he was surprised that the Bills didn't take a WR in any round (hardly a hot take, by the way).  Murph starts in on the guy--gets all defensive.  "they said they didn't have a WR at any round worth picking!  They said it!  So...whattaya whattaya think, they're lying?  You think Beane and McDermott are lying??" 

He's a bonehead.  He should call games for the radio and that's it.  There's no way he can power half of a 3 hour daily radio show.  You can almost hear Steve groaning inside when he has to respond to Murph's goofy and company takes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This is the first I've heard of Tasker.

If anything, just remove the Kelso reference in your title and make the thread about ( THANK GOD ) Tasker being out.

Tasker announced it yesterday at noon on OBL. It was discussed here, but maybe not in its own thread. Again, I wasn't being rude. Just letting Chevy know

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why would they swap Kelso for Wood??

Kelso took on a bigger role with his NASCAR venture. Didn't have time to do both

Wood is gonna be a busy guy. Just got an ACC deal to do college gamedays on tv, just signed on for WGR radio game day gig, and has a pending deal in place to write for the Athletic. T hats a lot for a retired man lol

• Thank you (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Tasker has his gig with West Herr Automotive to fall back on. He will be fine...even when he is dumped from OBL.  

the largest selection of VEE-HICK-LES in Western New York!

• Like (+1) 1

I read about Wood becoming the color guy & thought well maybe he will replace Tasker on 1 bills live but then i read about Taskers deal & how it will give him more time to apply himself to the 1 Bills Live gig & hopefully it will make it all better ?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BuffAlone said:

Sorry if it came out rude in any way Chevy. Wasn't my intention bud

“Little late bud...” wonder how anyone could take that rudely? 

Your intention was exactly how everyone took it. 

I for one am happy for the thread. I don’t listen to garbage radio and I appreciate the chance to discuss it with fellow fans. 

• Like (+1) 1