Steve Tasker, one of toughest listens [CBS contract not renewed!]

Estro

On the surface, no radio idea could excite me more then a show all about the Bills. These two are impossible to listen to. I don’t know who is worse but they are so boring that I can’t even listen. It’s sad. Listening to people talk about the Bills is something I usually love. These two guys are worse then watching paint dry.

7 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Even more amazing is how Tasker despite his stammering, manages to keep his job as a sideline reporter for CBS.

I would think he must be working off notes for various players and situations, as well as a good stock of memories from his playing days.  As an extemporaneous speaker, Tasker is lacking, but so too are probably 80% of us in the general public.  Myself included.

I can’t believe the number of times Tasker doesn’t know what down it is - or mistakes one player for another, despite the name and number on their jersey

Particularly because those guys have ‘runners’ constantly handing them post-its with updated stats and everything that happened on the previous play.

He was a great player.  But he sucks on all media. If he was a sky writer he would suck.  Murph is no prize either.  

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 1

Steve - I get it,   back when Me Jim Andre and um um Th Th umm Thurman had all the um success that we had we didn't have, um , state of the um art training facilities like these guys have today. This place is really impressive.

Murph - (In background)  Hhhhh....Hhhhh.........Hhhhhhh

Steve - I mean I get it, I really do but the way these guys are taken care of from a training standpoint, it's a lot different than when me and um Jim and um our teams had as much success as um we did.  

Murph- Hhhhh.....Hhhhhhh .....    ...Hhhhhhhh

Steve - Times change , I get it , now they have these um..  Ummm. Cryogenic chambers that get down to like um -547 degrees.  

I get it, like guys like Star LOW TOO LOW LAY  can sit in these um..ya know Murph.. Um . chambers and rehab.  I mean I get it, If Me Jim and um um Andre had all this stuff maybe things would have been umm different.

Murph- Hhhhh....Hhhhhh....Hhhhhh

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Yeah, he was one of my favorite players, but is quite annoying at times on One Bills Drive.

Plus, half the time he sounds like he has a mouthful of food.  Swallow it before you talk!

Edited by Bad Things

18 hours ago, Estro said:

I kind of hesitate to write posts like this because I don't like to criticize someone that's giving an honest effort........but Steve Tasker is one of the worst radio hosts I've ever come across.  He stumbles and stammers his way through a 3 hour radio show almost every show.  His questions to guests are so all over the place that I sometimes feel bad for the guest having to try and navigate his ? and give a response.  I think the Buffalo Bills could do a lot better, and putting feelings aside, that's something they need to upgrade. 

I actually like that show quite a bit more when Murph is coupled with Chris Brown......I know they're both homers, but I just think Brown is much better at orating his points.

I've said this ever since he would guest host a few years back. When they announced he was the new co host I wanted to puke. He has some good stories, but he is a terrible talker. If you listen enough you get used to it, but he is brutal. 

7 hours ago, papazoid said:

it's just not interesting with two homers.

the show needs an antagonist third person......mix it up a little.

example when the instigators have petey, rivet AND marty on together ....its lively and fun.

Murphy and Schopp would be must listen to radio

12 hours ago, fmr60 said:

When they were going through the pre and post NFL draft shows I felt they were poorly prepared.... new little about most of the prospects.  A total waste of time to listen to them. Very disappointing particularly since this is their livelihood.

and no one said you have to listen to them... they had many guests on talking about the draft.. tasker does bring a lot to the table and  people bash him and Murph once every two weeks on this site... why be a negative person and offer up some decent opinions

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/14/2019 at 3:47 AM, Thurman#1 said:

I politely disagree. IMO he's not all that smooth but he makes his points.

He's an idiot IMO. Does not belong on radio or TV but somehow gets the gigs because he's an ex-player.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, 4thandGoal said:

and no one said you have to listen to them... they had many guests on talking about the draft.. tasker does bring a lot to the table and  people bash him and Murph once every two weeks on this site... why be a negative person and offer up some decent opinions

What's ironic is that you have a negative opinion of his opinion, and you shared it. So does this make you a "negative person" ?

The poster you quoted didn't bash anyone. He was very respectful in sharing the fact he didn't like the quality of their predraft show.

What type of fairy tale land do you think this world is where people should only share positive opinions on things? Oh wait, you just shared a negative opinion. Oh the hypocrisy.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/14/2019 at 1:15 AM, Estro said:

I kind of hesitate to write posts like this because I don't like to criticize someone that's giving an honest effort........but Steve Tasker is one of the worst radio hosts I've ever come across.  He stumbles and stammers his way through a 3 hour radio show almost every show.  His questions to guests are so all over the place that I sometimes feel bad for the guest having to try and navigate his ? and give a response.  I think the Buffalo Bills could do a lot better, and putting feelings aside, that's something they need to upgrade. 

I actually like that show quite a bit more when Murph is coupled with Chris Brown......I know they're both homers, but I just think Brown is much better at orating his points.

Dont worry, some day Sal is taking over.

• Sad 1