Steve Tasker, one of toughest listens [CBS contract not renewed!]

Estro

I kind of hesitate to write posts like this because I don't like to criticize someone that's giving an honest effort........but Steve Tasker is one of the worst radio hosts I've ever come across.  He stumbles and stammers his way through a 3 hour radio show almost every show.  His questions to guests are so all over the place that I sometimes feel bad for the guest having to try and navigate his ? and give a response.  I think the Buffalo Bills could do a lot better, and putting feelings aside, that's something they need to upgrade. 

I actually like that show quite a bit more when Murph is coupled with Chris Brown......I know they're both homers, but I just think Brown is much better at orating his points.

Edited by Estro
  • Like (+1) 17
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I wish Sal & Chris Brown had their own show that might make for a semi listenable program. Murphy is really bad and Tasker might be worse. When Donald Jones was on it was atrociouss, I don't know if I have ever enjoyed listening to One Bills Drive. I listen because I hate myself and love the Bills, not sure which feeling greater. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

I politely disagree. IMO he's not all that smooth but he makes his points.

I agree, I listen to them a couple times a week and enjoy it. I like his angle a lot as he played and especially enjoy hearing about the teams from the super bowl era and how close they were. Just my opinion 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Estro said:

I kind of hesitate to write posts like this because I don't like to criticize someone that's giving an honest effort........but Steve Tasker is one of the worst radio hosts I've ever come across.  He stumbles and stammers his way through a 3 hour radio show almost every show.  His questions to guests are so all over the place that I sometimes feel bad for the guest having to try and navigate his ? and give a response.  I think the Buffalo Bills could do a lot better, and putting feelings aside, that's something they need to upgrade. 

I actually like that show quite a bit more when Murph is coupled with Chris Brown......I know they're both homers, but I just think Brown is much better at orating his points.

I think a simple search will help you find enough Slam the One Bills Live show you could have added to that one that has plenty of "Steve Tasker is horrible" posts. A suggestion to you if you dont like it....dont listen. 

• Like (+1) 3

I enjoy their show.  Like Tasker's stories and continued ties to the former players.  Murph has some great stories going back to the early days of the team.  Ive never understood why the expectations for a local AM radio show have been so high.

If I had to choose either OBL or Schoop and Jeremy White talking soccer. Id choose OBL everytime.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Estro said:

While Tasker certainly isn’t great, I can listen to him.  Chris Brown is horrendous and comes off like a robot.  He’s not interesting and he simply just regurgitates “safe” thoughts on the Bills.  

56 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

The bills lose whenever Steve tasker does their games on CBS. Plus, he tries too hard to NOT be a homer on the CBS broadcasts. That’s what grinds my gears

47 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....think he tries too hard NOT to sound like a homer.............

That's his job when he's doing a CBS game.  It's not a local broadcast but a national one.  If you want to hear Bills-centric broadcast, cut the tv sound and turn on the radio broadcast.

• Like (+1) 3

I agree tasker is about as bad as it gets. Sometimes you can pick up on the fact that Murph knows tasker is brutal too. He is not well informed for someone in his position. The worst is when he asks questions to callers who called in to ask a question. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SoTier said:

That's his job when he's doing a CBS game.  It's not a local broadcast but a national one.  If you want to hear Bills-centric broadcast, cut the tv sound and turn on the radio broadcast.

Kelso is a good color analyst IMO........

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

I think a simple search will help you find enough Slam the One Bills Live show you could have added to that one that has plenty of "Steve Tasker is horrible" posts. A suggestion to you if you dont like it....dont listen. 

Really ill-thought suggestion.  If you don't like people's takes on TBD, don't log on/don't respond - see how that works?

I assume the OP wants to listen to the Bills corporate radio show, and just wants them to upgrade - how does "not listening" address that?  Hint: it doesn't.

• Like (+1) 4

44 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

T...t...today, Tasker....I cringe every time I hear him speak...its unfortunate because it seems he tries so hard to spit it out but the words just will not come.

sounds like he's got that cocaine nasal drip thing going on.  but, it's the only 3 hrs. that i'll listen to wgr except sports talk saturday ( sal's show).

i try to listen everyday and really give murph credit for his show prep and guests lineup.

Edited by billsredneck1