Steve Tasker, one of toughest listens [CBS contract not renewed!]

Estro

Tasker can be rough. He struggles so much to get his thoughts out and I think his interview skills are horrendous. Murph is ok although he is a homer and combative with callers sometimes

That said those guys have a real tough job. Talk about rookie Mini camp in may and act like it matters.

They are able to book some good guests, but most days I dont even tune in because its such a rough listen

23 hours ago, StHustle said:

What's ironic is that you have a negative opinion of his opinion, and you shared it. So does this make you a "negative person" ?

In deference to the thread on John Urschel, I will answer your question in mathematical terms. A negative opinion of a positive opinion makes the person a negative person. A negative opinion of a negative opinion makes the person a positive person.

The link with the Urschel story is really good, check it out if you haven't. And I'm just trying to be humorous, hopefully didn't offend anyone.

10 minutes ago, Steve O said:

In deference to the thread on John Urschel, I will answer your question in mathematical terms. A negative opinion of a positive opinion makes the person a negative person. A negative opinion of a negative opinion makes the person a positive person.

The link with the Urschel story is really good, check it out if you haven't. And I'm just trying to be humorous, hopefully didn't offend anyone.

are you referring to a different thread because I'm all types of confused right now. The negative opinion was simply on Steve Tasker's hosting skills not on the article.

9 minutes ago, StHustle said:

are you referring to a different thread because I'm all types of confused right now. The negative opinion was simply on Steve Tasker's hosting skills not on the article.

Yes, I'm referring to a different thread. Currently 15th from the bottom on page 1 on of the stadium wall. Below is the link to the thread, the first post has the link to the story. Sorry for the confusion. Guess I failed at my attempted humor.

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/215741-story-on-ex-nfl-raven-guard-and-buffalo-mathematician-john-urschel/

Edited by Steve O

14 minutes ago, hemma said:

Steve has some tough days, but he threw his body around quite a bit & had a lot of tough hits, too.

I think concentration/focus is a constant challenge.

Tasker and Jim both seemed to slur their L's a bit.  I've thought it might be a bit because of what you note.

Edited by stony

If only the bills were able to get Ross Tucker before he went national.

He is a great listen. 

I don't listen to OBD so i cant really comment on them.

Though i will say for the times i have briefly tuned in, for as bad as people say they are, my opinion is the callers/"superfans" are 1000% worse.

I just want to say that if you want to listen to Tasker but have a hard time doing it on occasion, one solution is to spend an hour listening to a recording of Gil Brandt on Sirius XM NFL Radio.

You'll be begging for Tasker in no time.

NOTE: I know Brandt is smart. You can be smart and terrible on the radio.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

not sure what you meant here..i have no clue if Tasker still has a TV gig..does he?

My understanding is that he is doing sideline coverage for CBS broadcast games.  On occasion, I have heard him on ‘One Bills Live’ mentioning that rather than game coverage, he was assigned to the network show that runs before, between, and after games.

Just now, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

My understanding is that he is doing sideline coverage for CBS broadcast games.  On occasion, I have heard him on ‘One Bills Live’ mentioning that rather than game coverage, he was assigned to the network show that runs before, between, and after games.

i thought he was poop canned , but he may be on that 7th team or something when everyone slides up when someone needs a break. 

Remember when they would slip Don Criqui in on a Bills broadcast a few years ago..when he would get maybe 2 games a year? 

For nostalgia sake, it was great hearing him call a Bills game..but damn was he brutal!

Steve tends to talk too much and deliver it too fast, his words get disconnected from his thoughts and he is left to ramble.  He can end up saying Drew Brees when he means Drew Bledsoe, forget names of guys drafted a few weeks ago, start asking one question of a guest and end up switching to another midstream, etc.  His story telling is much better because he doesn't need to express an opinion or think on the fly.  As the narrator of a story he has probably told many times, he can be very good.

Seriously, I worry about all those guys and CTE.  Who can really say where and when that kind thing starts to show up and how it will progress.  I still listen to their show as it does deliver some interesting Bills content and its better than nothing.  Imo, there are very few people that can talk that much about anything without using a script and deliver it consistently well all the time.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't listen to Steve on the radio, but when NFLN does the home/away telecast for preseason replays, I prefer the away feed.

He generally seemed very ill informed about the Bills, which is pretty shocking in it's own right.