Steve Tasker, one of toughest listens [CBS contract not renewed!]

Estro

I thoroughly enjoyed their 3 hour discussion about whether Brady or BB should take more credit for all the Pats success. 

I wonder if Murphy came up with that idea in between donuts or Tasker did after he was done eating crayons.

Edited by Bangarang

keep in mind this is the offseason and these guys have to run a 3 hour daily show.   Imagine if you had to spend 15 hours this week talking about a rookie minicamp.  Seriously, how exciting and engaging do you think you could be?

It's not an easy thing to do without sounding like a schlep sometimes, as evidenced by pathetically burned-out Mike Schopp's complete disgust for his job that comes through every time he speaks (and he gets to include hockey and other sports where Tasker and Murph stick to the Bills).

I remember when Tasker was a guest on the show, they get to come in with a fresh new take, different voice, new energy, former player, good insights etc.   It's why Brownie and Sal are such a fun listen, they love the team and they come in with new energy.    It's a lot like my wife vs my girlfriend, the poor wife doesn't stand a chance because I hafta hear her every....single...day....droning on and on about the same old minutia....blah...blah....bl--NEWMAN !

I like both Murph and Tasker.  Come to think of it, I like them a lot. 

And I don't think the alternative names mentioned in these posts would be an improvement over the long haul.  What I would rather see replaced is the duo that occupies the 3:00 to 7:00 slot.  I would listen to caterwauling cats scraping their claws over blackboards before I would listen to those two.

Edited by Blue on Blue
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Obviously, the OP has never tried to listen to The Instigators in the 2 hours before One Bills Live.  Granted, Chris Brown has a much smoother delivery, but Tasker has decent insights from time to time.  I wouldn't mind if Chris Brown were Murph's partner, but I enjoy the show in it's present form.  Yes, I know they're all homers, but then I'm a homer too.  I just run what they say through my "homer filter" if I want to get a more objective understanding of the reality of things.

• Thank you (+1) 1

When they were going through the pre and post NFL draft shows I felt they were poorly prepared.... new little about most of the prospects.  A total waste of time to listen to them. Very disappointing particularly since this is their livelihood.

I enjoy the homerism in my broadcasters while watching the game. Who wants to watch a game with someone who doesn't love the team like you do?

I'm a ND football fan too and watching the broadcast with Doug Flutie who seemed to despise ND in some of his comments made during the season were cringe worthy, especially when they were on the way to College football playoff.. I'll take Tasker over that any day personally..

• Thank you (+1) 1

I respectfully disagree. Yes, he’s not the most “radio polished” by any means, but I listen because he knows what he’s talking about in terms of football, has funny anecdotes about the teams I was rabid about growing up, and he doesn’t mind disagreeing with Murph to keep him honest along the way—all in all, I’ll take it for what it is. Still prefer OBL to Schopp & Bulldog.

Oh, and the dude needs to get into the HOF. Will someone please get Peter King on the horn and make this happen finally? ;)

• Like (+1) 1

Tasker is a real task to listen to, he’s abysmal. Much worse than Donald Jones imo. Chris brown is by far the most informed, intelligent speaker and has his hand on the actual pulse of the team. I truly believe I would be better than Tasker. He’s all but chased me from OBD. It’s hard for me not to listen bc I’m not in the area and it’s easily accessible from the Bills app unlike the other radio shows. That being said, this is brought up in a new thread once every 2 months.

6 minutes ago, papazoid said:

it's just not interesting with two homers.

the show needs an antagonist third person......mix it up a little.

example when the instigators have petey, rivet AND marty on together ....its lively and fun.

Peters is a natural on the medium.  Amazing how much better he is than anything the football side can put together.  

4 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

So.... if there are a lot of posts complaining about Tasker, then MAYBE just maybe he isn't the broadcasting god you make him out to be? Everyone has a right to their opinion, and it doesn't make yours right and theirs wrong just because people post a lot about him. The way I see it, it follows the old adage if one person tells you you're drunk, and you feel fine, ignore him. If ten people tell you you're drunk, go lie down.

How many have told you that you over react like a moron?