Tyree Jackson - The Next “Joe Webb” For The Bills?

6 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

If you listened to the podcast they talked about this.  Jackson was considered by some to be as high as a 3rd to 4th round pick.  It’s not unlikely that a team wouldn’t sign him off of the practice squad, which again, begs the questions of whether they would want to find ways to use him in other ways that just QB3

You could very well be right.  I just know that a lot of scouts that that Jackson would be a mid-to-low round draft pick.  So many did see value in him

Jackson is physically imposing but not a nuanced qb

ive seen every snap of his career and I didn’t think he was worth more than a 6-7 round pick... his size and athleticism gives him a draftable grade but the rest of his skills need serious work

PTR was right that Jackson was on a loaded offense. He had the best line in the MAC, 4 really good RBs and 3-4 really good WRs...

AJ is on Tampa and Osborne transferred to the U... 

people forget that Jackson got hurt his RS sophomore year and the backup drew Anderson outplayed him... was a much more accurate and better thrower of the football

On 5/14/2019 at 8:32 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

I hate to say it but The Bulls WRs made Jackson look better. Anthony Johnson is going to play in Tampa. KJ Osborne transferred to The U. I don't know if he has to sit a year but he's someone to keep an eye on too.

He is a graduate transfer so KJ doesn’t need to sit

looks like he will be the U slot receiver this year 

No reason to over think this situation. Jackson is pretty much the perfect type of quarterback to develop. He has all of the tools and an immense upside but he is very raw. Just work with him and see what happens. Best case scenario, he develops into something people want and you can trade him for a pick. Worst case he doesn't develop and moves to a different position or is released. The most likely outcome is he develops into a reliable backup after spending time on the practice squad.  

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

If you listened to the podcast they talked about this.  Jackson was considered by some to be as high as a 3rd to 4th round pick.  It’s not unlikely that a team wouldn’t sign him off of the practice squad, which again, begs the questions of whether they would want to find ways to use him in other ways that just QB3

What difference does it make where he was projected to go? Not a single team deemed him worthy of even a low draft pick. The only way he'd hypothetically be plucked off a practice squad is if he lights it up in the preseason. If that's the case, they'd just carry 3 QB's on the 53 like they planned to do before DA retired. If he makes it to the PS, it's because he didn't do anything to convince anyone he SHOULD have been drafted.

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

What difference does it make where he was projected to go? Not a single team deemed him worthy of even a low draft pick. The only way he'd hypothetically be plucked off a practice squad is if he lights it up in the preseason. If that's the case, they'd just carry 3 QB's on the 53 like they planned to do before DA retired. If he makes it to the PS, it's because he didn't do anything to convince anyone he SHOULD have been drafted.

I disagree.... he was projected as a mid-round QB because he has talent and potential, though he is still very raw.  If he has a good preseason, it could reinforce the idea that he can improve the areas of his game.  Like I said, if this happens a team may grab him off the PS.  

10 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I disagree.... he was projected as a mid-round QB because he has talent and potential, though he is still very raw.  If he has a good preseason, it could reinforce the idea that he can improve the areas of his game.  Like I said, if this happens a team may grab him off the PS.  

Why did you stop using your BuffaloRush handle?  Did your wife forbid you from posting on fan sites after you told her you lost 5k?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/16/2019 at 6:47 AM, Phil The Thrill said:

You could very well be right.  I just know that a lot of scouts that that Jackson would be a mid-to-low round draft pick.  So many did see value in him

If any GM had him as a 3rd he would’ve been picked by the end of day 3

Actions speak louder than words when claiming the gaps that wide.

• Like (+1) 1

For what it’s worth, my dad sold a car to Tyree within the past week and came away with some interesting timbits. 

He said that Tyree claimed to have had an offer from every team in the league after going undrafted and that there was a sense that Tyree was the best undrafted player available and he ultimately chose to stay in Buffalo. 

Tyree also seemed uber confident in making the team and that he didn’t seem to have a concern at all if he’d make the final 53 or not.