Tyree Jackson - The Next “Joe Webb” For The Bills?

6 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

lol, a thread about "the next Joe Web". Put him on the wall too @Gugny?

Wow... such insight.  Thanks for your contribution to this thread

7 hours ago, MJS said:

I agree with the premise, but them saying that Anderson's retirement makes it HARDER for Jackson to make the team is just idiotic. There's just no way that's true.

The argument is that with Anderson on the roster they were highly considering keeping 3 QB’s on the 53 man roster.  With him gone, it’s no longer a consideration.  It’s not a guarantee that they’ll keep 3 QB’s anymore.  Anderson has to prove he’s good enough to warrant a spot on the 53, over another position

Edited by Phil The Thrill

2 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Wow... such insight.  Thanks for your contribution to this thread

The argument is that with Anderson on the roster they were highly considering keeping 3 QB’s on the 53 man roster.  With him gone, it’s no longer a consideration.  It’s not a guarantee that they’ll keep 3 QB’s anymore.  Anderson has to prove he’s good enough to warrant a spot on the 53, over another position

Anytime. That's about all it deserved when it's comparing someone to Joe ***** Webb.

• Haha (+1) 1

Not the same skillset as Taysom Hill, but can he block or catch?  At his height, bring him in at RB, WR, or TE on the goal line and set up a couple of of other special plays where he has a RPO after the ball is either handed off or thrown backward to him.

Why did that not post properly?  See if this is easier to read:

Not the same skillset as Taysom Hill, but can he block or catch? At his height, bring him in at RB, WR, or TE on the goal line and set up a couple of other special plays where he has a RPO after the ball is either handed off or thrown backward to him.

Edited by Minotaur

The only reason why people here have any interest in the situation is because he played for UB.  The guy should have stayed in college for another year and worked on developing himself.  It is highly unlikely that he will end up with a notable career.

If I had a dollar for the countless sports articles and threads with this tiresome approach:

Image result for cart before the horse gif

......I still wouldn't pay to subscribe to the Buffalo News/Blitz, the Athletic, ESPN+, etc., etc. 

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 1

I think PS is the most likely spot for Tyree at this point.  The PS is not a life sentence, however.  If he can work on his craft and get his fundamentals nailed down at least somewhat better, then maybe we can talk about versatility.

12 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I'm sorry, is the "next Joe Webb" supposed to be something we aspire to??  :blink:

I thought it was just me. I'm used to fellow Bills fans waiting for the next Jim Kelly. Never really expected calls for the next Joe Webb. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1