Jump to content
YoloinOhio

EJ Manuel Retires from NFL

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Yea he ruined part of my London trip. 

 

I always say, that was a great trip other than about ten minutes in the first half of the game.....and that bogus PI call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KD in CA said:

 

I always say, that was a great trip other than about ten minutes in the first half of the game.....and that bogus PI call.

 

Yea my gf went to get beers and came back to me sitting down in shock and she’s like what happened ?

 

funny thing was we were 50 yard line second row and at a quiet point gets up and yells “***** you rex “ and he turned around and looked at her.  We about died

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2019 at 2:01 PM, Starr Almighty said:

I read somewhere that he strained a vocal cord and would  not be unable to do a hard count ever again causing him to retire

Karaoke?

30 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

funny thing was we were 50 yard line second row and at a quiet point gets up and yells “***** you rex “ and he turned around and looked at her.  We about died

Probably wondering ‘ok, now for what?’  He had a list of them weekly, both on and off field.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...kid was over drafted as Hibernatin' Buddy's pick, despite Genome being his #1 before the workout/interview......can't fault EJ's personality or work ethic....kid just had a woeful OBD start with the Kolb Mat Attack and had ZERO confidence in his ability at the NFL level from day 1 especially being thrust into starting role..yet he tried in Bflo and failed but moved on to other clubs.....at least he gave it his best effort but failed like many others before him and like many others will after him...........

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, I don't agree with EJ's (deleted) comment about not getting chances based on race. But he does have a larger point: some guys get chances. And chances. And more chances. Some don't. And I dare you to find any objective explanation for why this happens.

Which one is EJ? (And who are the others?). Note: these guys are ages 33, 30, 29, 29, 29, 28 (not in order); 4 are still on NFL rosters (and at least 3 are very good shots to make a final roster), 1 is unsigned as of today, and of course 1 is retired. No, composite stats like this aren't everything, but if you disagree, choose any other objective measure of success and tell me why one (or more) of these guys is better/worse than the others. EJ, you kinda sucked, but ...

 

A. Career 77.1 QB rating, 4.95 ANY/A (adjusted net yards/attempt)

B. Career 75.5 rating, 4.91 

C. Career 79.9 rating, 5.34

D. Career 78.0 rating, 4.99

E. Career 74.9 rating, 4.27

F. Career 68.3 rating, 4.84

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

No, I don't agree with EJ's (deleted) comment about not getting chances based on race. But he does have a larger point: some guys get chances. And chances. And more chances. Some don't. And I dare you to find any objective explanation for why this happens.

Which one is EJ? (And who are the others?). Note: these guys are ages 33, 30, 29, 29, 29, 28 (not in order); 4 are still on NFL rosters (and at least 3 are very good shots to make a final roster), 1 is unsigned as of today, and of course 1 is retired. No, composite stats like this aren't everything, but if you disagree, choose any other objective measure of success and tell me why one (or more) of these guys is better/worse than the others. EJ, you kinda sucked, but ...

 

A. Career 77.1 QB rating, 4.95 ANY/A (adjusted net yards/attempt)

B. Career 75.5 rating, 4.91 

C. Career 79.9 rating, 5.34

D. Career 78.0 rating, 4.99

E. Career 74.9 rating, 4.27

F. Career 68.3 rating, 4.84

Answer:

 

Someone in the league saw something they liked in those guys. No one in the league saw something they liked in EJ. Do those other guys probably suck? Yes. Other guys sucking or not sucking doesn’t prove that EJ doesn’t suck.

 

He sucks. It’s over.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i wish EJ the best and he was brought into the wrong system with the wrong coach but he was not good enough consistently enough to argue he should be a starter. he was not reliable enough to be a top end backup- so he is out of league due to his own game tape. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, prissythecat said:

 

 

Lol EJ was everything but capable . It doesn’t matter who the coach was .

Agreed, and I am not saying this with malice.

Some very good college QBs are just not good enough to make it in the NFL. Hey, Rob Johnson had a much better arm than Tom Brady and he could run but he was a horrible QB. I am the first to admit that for years, I thought that Johnson would figure things out and make use of all of his talent but it was never going to happen, and he was WAY more talented than EJ.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Answer:

 

Someone in the league saw something they liked in those guys. No one in the league saw something they liked in EJ. Do those other guys probably suck? Yes. Other guys sucking or not sucking doesn’t prove that EJ doesn’t suck.

 

He sucks. It’s over.

I think you're missing my point. My example B is Chad Henne, who looks like he may stick with the Chiefs. He's 33. He's gotten 53 starts in his career, in which he's 18-35. I think EJ is legitimately puzzled. "Someone in the league saw something they liked" in Chad Henne, after 10 full years of sub-mediocrity?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, KD in CA said:

 

I always say, that was a great trip other than about ten minutes in the first half of the game.....and that bogus PI call.

 

Defense lost that game.  EJ put them behind the 8-ball, but the D lost the game.  Oh ... and Sam Watkins quitting on his team. That didn't help, either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was one person on the board who said (and I quote) “EJ will be out of this league sooner than Geno Smith and that’s why Geno should be the pick for the Bills”. Do you know who said that? @CountryCletus  Props to you sir! I’ll be looking for more of your stone cold lock picks in the future. 

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

There was one person on the board who said (and I quote) “EJ will be out of this league sooner than Geno Smith and that’s why Geno should be the pick for the Bills”. Do you know who said that? @CountryCletus  Props to you sir! I’ll be looking for more of your stone cold lock picks in the future. 

 

The guy has a keen eye for roadkill, that’s for sure! 

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

No, I don't agree with EJ's (deleted) comment about not getting chances based on race. But he does have a larger point: some guys get chances. And chances. And more chances. Some don't. And I dare you to find any objective explanation for why this happens.

Which one is EJ? (And who are the others?). Note: these guys are ages 33, 30, 29, 29, 29, 28 (not in order); 4 are still on NFL rosters (and at least 3 are very good shots to make a final roster), 1 is unsigned as of today, and of course 1 is retired. No, composite stats like this aren't everything, but if you disagree, choose any other objective measure of success and tell me why one (or more) of these guys is better/worse than the others. EJ, you kinda sucked, but ...

 

A. Career 77.1 QB rating, 4.95 ANY/A (adjusted net yards/attempt)

B. Career 75.5 rating, 4.91 

C. Career 79.9 rating, 5.34

D. Career 78.0 rating, 4.99

E. Career 74.9 rating, 4.27

F. Career 68.3 rating, 4.84

 

It was more about Peterman having a job while he didn't.

 

You inserted race into this yourself. 

 

You're as wrong as you can be.

 

Edit: I see your point and agree. I think people insert race in things when it's not warranted now. I reread the tweet to make sure I didnt misremember.

 

The media inserted race imo because how else do you get clicks out of EJ at that point. My bad, you're not completely wrong but I do disagree with the characterization of that tweet.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ol Dirty B said:

 

It was more about Peterman having a job while he didn't.

 

You inserted race into this yourself. 

 

You're as wrong as you can be.

 

Edit: I see your point and agree. I think people insert race in things when it's not warranted now. I reread the tweet to make sure I didnt misremember.

 

The media inserted race imo because how else do you get clicks out of EJ at that point. My bad, you're not completely wrong but I do disagree with the characterization of that tweet.

I think you're right about that ... EJ didn't expressly mention race, but it was taken as such by other commenters.

By the way, my final example of guys who have a job -- my Example F -- is none other than Matt Barkley. If there's one guy who clearly has a poorer body of work than EJ, it's Barkley, and Barkley is the one with a contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...