EJ Manuel Retires from NFL

12 minutes ago, McBean said:

It just eases me knowing this was Buddy's pick NOT Whaley's...?

Amazing that people still think the 73 year old GM on the way out of the building made that pick.

I remember EJM stating at 2013 rookie minicamp how the playbook was easier than FSU’s. One way or another that wasn’t good. 

In his mind, I always saw EJM as the guy who thought he was better than he actually was. Well, except for the GM who hung his hat on the pick...XFL Doug. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Gotta admit EJ's hard count was pretty damn impressive.

Good guy whom was overdrafted and setup for failure coming to Bills with only raw talent that needed to be properly developed.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Does anyone want to buy an authentic gently used EJM#3 jersey? 

Ive made many choices in my life. This is on the long list of  poor ones. 

Don't feel bad, man. I went on eBay and bought a bunch of autographed cards of his after he was drafted here. For what they're worth now I'd need 200 of 'em to offset the loss, haha. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Does anyone want to buy an authentic gently used EJM#3 jersey? 

Ive made many choices in my life. This is on the long list of  poor ones. 

I'll trade you a Rob Johnson jersey for it.

• Haha (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, McBean said:

It just eases me knowing this was Buddy's pick NOT Whaley's...?

Riiiiiiight...

34 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Amazing that people still think the 73 year old GM on the way out of the building made that pick.

I remember EJM stating at 2013 rookie minicamp how the playbook was easier than FSU’s. One way or another that wasn’t good. 

In his mind, I always saw EJM as the guy who thought he was better than he actually was. Well, except for the GM who hung his hat on the pick...XFL Doug. 

Then he tried to sell the pick as EJ having "The It Factor"!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Gotta admit EJ's hard count was pretty damn impressive.

Good guy whom was overdrafted and setup for failure coming to Bills with only raw talent that needed to be properly developed.

Makes me wish that Brady would've been drafted by Bills.  He would've retired 10 years ago ...

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Watching this gives me cold shivers of what we've suffered through as a fanbase under previous regimes...

No kidding.  Here's a video from our 2014 war room, queued up to the part where Overdorff starts working the phones to try to make a trade.  LMFAO!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It’s not his fault that he was over-drafted. But because I like him, I’m happy he got the extra money. Can’t change the draft now, can’t make the Bills better. Just happy he’s got a great start for a great guy. 

1 hour ago, Helpmenow said:

Isn’t bruce Smith related to him.

No, that’s Travis Henry. He’s related to....almost everybody. 

I think. I could be wrong.....   ?

EJ Manuel.. gone but not forgotten.

But for fun, I remember exactly what I was doing when he was drafted. 

Post game meal and beer at Sticky Lips on Jefferson Rd in Roc after an indoor soccer game at Rochester Sports Garden. Sweet nostalgia. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo86 said:

No kidding.  Here's a video from our 2014 war room, queued up to the part where Overdorff starts working the phones to try to make a trade.  LMFAO!

I literally started to cringe when the backslapping started, as if we’d just hit paydirt with Preston Brown...:sick:

A good guy,  is set for life financially. But he will likely work hard and be very successful.  Look at his college stats, and at his college success. He could only do that with hard work, as we know his limitations.  (Just not good enough for the NFL.)

I was excited if his throw was in the vicinity of the receiver. I wanted to believe that the Bills had a good quarterback, finally.

EJ will do good things in his life.

Edited by Mister Defense

3 hours ago, Augie said:

I’m “retired” according to my tax returns. I outkicked my coverage with my wife. It turns out she’s a MUCH better banker than I ever dreamed of being. I have my confidence in her!  All the eggs are in that basket now. ?  ?

One's tax status can be changed in short order. Stop being a drag in your household. Get back on the saddle and continue to ride until your butt is again hardened with well earned callouses from your stressful desk job. The more eggs you place in the basket the more eggs you have to throw at whoever you find to be a nuisance at your tailgating gatherings. :ph34r: 

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

One's tax status can be changed in short order. Stop being a drag in your household. Get back on the saddle and continue to ride until your butt is again hardened with well earned callouses from your stressful desk job. The more eggs you place in the basket the more eggs you have to throw at whoever you find to be a nuisance at your tailgating gatherings. :ph34r: 

I LIKE the idea of throwing eggs at a tailgate! 

I am in Atlanta against my will. We came here for her job, so I left paradise and a job I loved. A wise friend (retired pediatric neuro-radiologist) said “follow the money, then later you can do whatever the hell you want and nobody can tell you you can’t!”  This guy is in his 60’s and retired, and now he’s in law school like you or I might do a crossword puzzle. He wants to help people with addiction issues who get in legal trouble and can’t afford adequate help. Sorry for drifting, but how cool is that? 

I’m here to support my wife and son who is building a fine career. As strange as it sounds, they could not have done it today without me running around for about 5 hours supporting what they needed. I get no 1099 or W-2 for this, but helping them gives me great pleasure. I’ll make a fine house wife someday.? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2