EJ Manuel Retires from NFL

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

A "first" for EJ's NFL career that is probably not suitable for framing on his man-cave wall?

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/10/ej-manuel-bills-lose-game-three-different-countries

:P

Nonetheless, I wish him all the best, with better times as a retired player, and one eligible for the vested NFL pension, so there's that. 

Four. Most people think that California is in a country by itself.

• Haha (+1) 1

I do have one fond memory of him.  Nov 2013 against the Jets where he tore up their defense.  Bills won that day something like 37-14.  The Jets had won like 7 of the last 8 games against the Bills at that point and usually bullied them as well.  I still had high hopes for EJ at that point.

Unfortunately being a good person doesn't make you a good starting QB in the NFL.  

I wish the guy luck in his future endeavors.  

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Does anyone want to buy an authentic gently used EJM#3 jersey? 

Ive made many choices in my life. This is on the long list of  poor ones. 

Hang onto it a little longer.

After this season you'll be able to bundle it on Ebay with your Josh Allen jersey.

Might be easier to sell them that way.

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Does anyone want to buy an authentic gently used EJM#3 jersey? 

Ive made many choices in my life. This is on the long list of  poor ones. 

Kiko jerseys go for a hummer at New Era... wait until the season and maybe you can hold out for a handy and a half a warm beer on game day. 

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

The stock market is crashing...sell...sell !!

Image result for Stock market fall gif

Actually, dips like this are the times when smart people buy.  For every "Chicken Little" running around saying the sky is falling, guys like Warren Buffet pull out the check book and take advantage of low prices.

I'm glad EJ is hanging them up.  He was a decent guy but a pitiful QB.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

He did slam the Bills after the Ravens game last year.... Wondering why Peterman had a job over him and got more opportunity than he did

Double yikes... Raiders moved on from him and... signed Peterman 

Yup, talk about a double whammy there. Got to be a tough pill to swallow.

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

All things considered, easily one of the top 5 busts in Bills history. Absolutely sucked the life out of this team. This guy made me like Thad Lewis. Never got better from his first game. Other then Tebow he probably had the worst mechanics and footwork of any QB ever taken in the first round. The guy was defended with relentlessly on the BBMB. Nobody is saying he was a bad guy. He just was severely overdraft and then never did anything to get better. 

He was a 3rd round qb that was destined to be a perennial backup. DW took a huge risk and it failed miserably.  Finding a franchise qb is not easy. It takes alot of relentless work by a scouting dept and a little bit of luck. With EJ we got neither. His career ended in London as Peterman's ended against the Chargers. 

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Who knows?  Certainly if he made decent investments and doesn't start now with the rock-star thing, he's set for life.

This is more than likely the case.  He was in an impossible with the Bills.  Never should have been a 1st round pick to begin with and it messed with his head.