EJ Manuel Retires from NFL

4 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Watching this gives me cold shivers of what we've suffered through as a fanbase under previous regimes...

Whaley should of never said what he did the last 10 seconds.

How prophetic!

• Like (+1) 2

....started his career with a pretty lousy set of circumstances in Bflo.....skill set and collegiate  body of work hardly equated to 1st round pick, with special thanks to Buddy Nix.....cannot discount work ethic but the kid had ZERO confidence at the NFL level.....he tried which is about as much as you can ask for......

15 minutes ago, Augie said:

I wish him nothing butt he best! Hoping he made enough in his years in the league to set him up well early in life. By all accounts a fine young man. 

I share your thoughts! I always liked EJ..somewhat a victim of circumstance

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

And if I recall he wasn’t living a rockstar lifestyle either. He’ll always have that awesome sport science video and that panthers win 

Who knows?  Certainly if he made decent investments and doesn't start now with the rock-star thing, he's set for life.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Watching this gives me cold shivers of what we've suffered through as a fanbase under previous regimes...

Whaley's last three or four sentences....he wernt no dummy....

Best wishes ...  truly.  Wasn’t EJ one of the initial “buy NFL futures” guys as a rookie?  You made a purchase and the value increased or decreased as the player’s career unfolded? 

6 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

Actually seemed like a good guy, which i am sure he is.. like anyone else, i was pulling for him.. at least until the London game.. Wish him well 

Some people forget, he was already the backup at that point. He was only playing in that game because Tyrod got hurt vs Tennessee (horse collar tackle) 

• Like (+1) 1

I hope he finds a great path to his life 2.0 after the game. Zero ill-will towards him. 

His greatest moment may be that Jax game in London where he overcame the 17 turnovers and brought us all the way back...........yeah that's all I got for "greatest moment."

28 minutes ago, Augie said:

I wish him nothing butt he best! Hoping he made enough in his years in the league to set him up well early in life. By all accounts a fine young man. 

Is this some sort of backhanded way of calling EJ an ass?  You really didn't like him, did you? ?

Others have mentioned the many things set EJ up for failure...

Unwarranted first-round status via Nix and Whaley -- they talked themselves into it.  Those conversations must have been gems.

The first year injuries.  Just as EJ was about to get some great consistent, game after game reps he would get injured\

I don't know that I can really define what Nate Hackett's offensive system was...all I know is that it was better suited for Kyle Orton than EJ Manuel.  EJ could read one side of the field and could move...so what do you game plan--drop-back passing with fairly complex reads--brilliant.....

Augie, despite my joke--your post sums up my feelings really well. 

• Haha (+1) 1