Flacco is not interested in mentoring Drew Lock

9 minutes ago, syhuang said:

Joe Flacco: I’m here to win games, not be a mentor

I remember quite a few wanted Flacco especially two years ago to replace Tyron, I guess Flacco is not a process guy? ?

"Flacco was asked about serving as a mentor to the rookie and said that he hopes Lock does learn from watching him, but made it clear that he’s focused on playing football while offensive coordinator Rich Scangarello is charged with developing the young quarterback.

“It’s kind of Rich’s job. It’s to be in that quarterback room and watch. That’s how you can develop. I got so many things to worry about,” Flacco said. “I’m trying to go out there and play good football. … I’m not worried about developing guys or any of that. That is what it is. I hope he does develop. I don’t look at that as my job. My job is to go win football games for this football team.”

TBH, I view the mentor question as a class of "have you stopped beating your wife yet?" damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't questions for a vet who is still starting.

If the guy says "you betcha, I'm gonna devote myself to mentoring" then you're a has-been whose competitive fire has dimmed to embers.

If the guy says "I hope he learns, but I'm trying to win games for this team and play good football, it's the coach's job to develop him" then you're not a team guy.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

He views himself as the starter Not a QB mentor.  

Im not sure you’d hear different from Rodgers Brady Brees etc. not that Flacco  is at that level..   

...who is going to mentor Joe?...just askin'..........

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This is taken WAY out of context.  Brutal misrepresentation of what Flacco said/meant.

That's how click-baiters work..they read things in the most inflammatory way possible and then present it as fact

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, matter2003 said:

That's how click-baiters work..they read things in the most inflammatory way possible and then present it as fact

The writer of the article is most at fault.  He made it look like a quote and it was not.  And in the process, made Flacco look like a total a-hole.  Even if the link was copied, the quote shows up. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/13/joe-flacco-im-here-to-win-games-not-be-a-mentor/

That's dirty, Bush League, crap.  And who the hell is Josh Alper??

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Aaron Rodgers introduced himself to Farve with "Hello Grandpa".  Farve probably said considerably worse.

Did he really? They say he’s smart, but.......smart comes in different forms. They also say he’s full of himself, but..........did he really???