Streaming games time lag

row_33

Those streaming below and above my condo yesterday were 2 minutes behind on the live action of the Raptors big moments, their cheers were mighty but 2 minutes late.

I guess I could in the future take advantage of this, for the World Cup, by yelling as loud as they will when my cable real time goal hits the net.

• Haha (+1) 1

i watch a lot of the games in my home office while i do paper work.  it's through the cable app on my xbox, so i don't have to get another cable box.  i will have the game on our main tv though...i get bothered a million times, and it's nice if i can pause it or rewind.  my office feed is off though...like 3-4 minutes off.  if both tvs have the game on, i have to strategically walk from room to room.  these truly are first world problems.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Those streaming below and above my condo yesterday were 2 minutes behind on the live action of the Raptors big moments, their cheers were mighty but 2 minutes late.

I guess I could in the future take advantage of this, for the World Cup, by yelling as loud as they will when my cable real time goal hits the net.

Moving to OTW in 3.... 2....   (how wrong will I be)  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1. Get their phone numbers.

2.  On game day, call them, keep them on the line.

3.  Bet large on each play.

I was amazed years ago when at a Bisons game, two younger guys from Toronto seated behind us were betting on each pitch.  For money!  (OK, naive and amazed...)

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

Getting am air horn for the next big soccer summer tourney and letting it fly during Italy games, let everyone know something is happening in 2 minutes....

again this only gets exposed when a goal or sports achievement occurs where your apartment will rock in celebration...

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Moving to OTW in 3.... 2....   (how wrong will I be)  

I thought I put this in OTW to begin with, or are you joking...

whateverzzzzzzzzzz

Usually about a 1 minute lag when I stream Bills games so yeah, I can relate... the wife in the living room usually lets me know when something good happened with a holler lol. 

7 minutes ago, T&C said:

Usually about a 1 minute lag when I stream Bills games so yeah, I can relate... the wife in the living room usually lets me know when something good happened with a holler lol. 

Thanks dear....  :D

5 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Our TV in living room is 20 seconds ahead of the tv in family room both on direcTV. So annoying at parties. 

Woody Allen once postulated that some alien civilizations could be as much as 20 seconds more advanced than us. Your living room TV might just be a portal into another dimension of the space/time continuum. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Woody Allen once postulated that some alien civilizations could be as much as 20 seconds more advanced than us. Your living room TV might just be a portal into another dimension of the space/time continuum. 

Zelig for the win...

Edited by T&C
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The Delay is being slowly reduced over time. I feel like it used to be 5 minutes, now it is down to about 2. I remember watching the Bills Jags game that was played in London. Watched it on the streaming yahoo. I saw push notifications of the Bills offense scoring touchdowns, yet the Jags were on offense on my TV. I learned over the years, that if I care about the sport I'm watching on TV, I have to stay off my phone during the game.

During the Philly/NE SB a couple years ago we had the same thing where I was watching the game. The main living room TV was almost a minute behind the TV in the back den. So we’d see a play and about a minute later hear the cheers from the other room. 

Sunday night was the first time in 20 years in my condo where it made any impact, Toronto has been that pathetic in sports moments since the World Series in 1993....

It's usually a non-disturb scene except for dope smoke infiltrating

I don't stream, but have DirecTV. It's usually about 10-15 seconds behind live TV.

As for things like Bills games, I DVR them, and start watching about an hour late. After fast forwarding through the commercials, halftime, and other assorted BS I usually catch up to the live feed of game at the end.

32 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I don't stream, but have DirecTV. It's usually about 10-15 seconds behind live TV.

As for things like Bills games, I DVR them, and start watching about an hour late. After fast forwarding through the commercials, halftime, and other assorted BS I usually catch up to the live feed of game at the end.

i've perfected this, haven't watched a panel of dunces or a TV ad voluntarily for 20 years now in sports games

i don't bother with replays either, they just make up whatever they want

• Haha (+1) 1