Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Bills release Jake Fisher and Keith Ford, sign 4 tryout players

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

The one thing I remember about Ford was he could not pick up a blitz.

He was burned often when ask to block in his preseason games.

Truthfully, I can't remember if that improved when he played in a couple of regular season games.

Very typical of rookies. Usually one of the biggest learning curves out of college. Those can do that consistently and effectively in addition to running and catching are drafted very high. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

39 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s one of the dumber things I’ve ever seen. Makes you think he was trying to get cut. 

No kidding. I wonder if there are fines/penalties for posting that type of information on social media. Meaning, $100,000 fine for publishing plays, roster info, medical info, etc.

Total idiot.

1 hour ago, FluffHead said:

Fisher probably shouldn’t have put part of the playbook on Instagram last night 

CA35F088-0424-4FAD-A66D-3B9711B81E8B.jpeg

His cover letter for the New England job application he filled out last week. Now Exhibit A for owners to be able to restrict/vet social media under any new CBA?

Unbelievable that he didn’t think this was any big deal to post. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Fisher release makes sense. Lee Smith is pretty much what one would hope Fisher could develop into. I was excited about Fisher, but the release makes sense. 

Completely agree, no point trying to develop a great blocking TE when you can just sign one.

1 hour ago, Mike Malone said:

What was the knock on Ford? I don't recall his performance in limited play.  Any chance he gets picked up?

He is just very basic, no special traits imo

• Like (+1) 1

Is that photo really a big deal? It's part of one page from a playbook that was given out to the 90+ players signed this offseason. I would assume this early in the offseason the playbook they get is not the same one they get after the preseason, and it's probably filled with more general/generic plays they will run during training camp. I doubt teams are running to their computers to get a copy of that photo to get the Bills secrets. They would probably get the same info from him if they asked while interviewing him after he is cut.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Confused 1

The Bills did Fisher and Ford a favor by cutting them, their positions groups were just too crowded for them to have a chance to stand out.  This way, they can have a chance to show their stuff elsewhere.  Best of luck to them (and keep the playbook off of social media!)

• Like (+1) 1

Feel sorry for all the Fisher lovers that thought he was all the sudden going to be able to block 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CountryCletus said:

Dead???

I prefer to call him "unemotional".

2 hours ago, FluffHead said:

That’s just a screenshot from Tecmo Bowl

down, set, hut hut hut hut hut hut hut....

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, FluffHead said:

Wow. Rookie mistake...:for someone who was not a rookie. 

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Is that photo really a big deal? It's part of one page from a playbook that was given out to the 90+ players signed this offseason. I would assume this early in the offseason the playbook they get is not the same one they get after the preseason, and it's probably filled with more general/generic plays they will run during training camp. I doubt teams are running to their computers to get a copy of that photo to get the Bills secrets. They would probably get the same info from him if they asked while interviewing him after he is cut.

It shows extreme lack of judgement 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

The Jake Fisher era is over. Put his number on the wall next to Antonio Brown’s. Two of the greatest Bills of all time.

• Haha (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

The Jake Fisher era is over. Put his number on the wall next to Antonio Brown’s. Two of the greatest Bills of all time.

I believe that "our" AB made it through training camp and appeared in August games. 

Did he tag @billygoatbeli in that Instagram post? He knows NE is hurting in the TE dept and figures he has a good shot at beating out 52 year old Ben Watson.

4 hours ago, FluffHead said:

Dummy

2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Yeah it’s a big deal. Playbooks are proprietary to the organization.

If if you don’t believe me, put an image of one of your employers proprietary documents on social media and tag your leadership team to make sure you get their feedback.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Do these cuts mean we've started tanking already?  Geez that was fast!  Get in before the rush.

I wonder if there were fans who believed he would actually make the roster. I figured he had a huge hill to climb and making the roster would be a big surprise.

4 hours ago, Koko78 said:

It looks like a pretty basic play, so there's not going to be a lot of harm to the Bills from his posting this.

That said, this guy is a ***** idiot. What team is going to sign him, knowing that he posts his team's playbook online for all to see?

If a team thinks he has value, he’ll get a shot

17 minutes ago, MJS said:

I wonder if there were fans who believed he would actually make the roster. I figured he had a huge hill to climb and making the roster would be a big surprise.

Oh yeah there were some that thought this guys career was going to be resurrected as a blocking TE.. Couldn’t block as an OT but was future HOFer at TE

• Skeptical 1

Maiorana should have waited a week to release his predicted 53:)

Two gone from his list already - Anderson and Fisher:)

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I’ll hang his jersey in my closet next to that Dri Archer I bought a few years back.

Sign in to follow this