Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Bills release Jake Fisher and Keith Ford, sign 4 tryout players

Recommended Posts

Just now, nucci said:

Not being a smartass, but why?  Probably wouldn't have worked out and he's not that special of a player

I was just interested in the story line. I'm not aware of another time that an OT transitioned to TE-- kind of intriguing, and I respect the risk to his career to make the change. He had to drop some weight, and I assume he's put a lot of work into chasing the dream. So, we know he can block, he'd probably be pretty hard to tackle, and if his hands were decent (the biggest ?, obviously-- I assume he's put a lot of offseason work into that part of his game) then it would have been an interesting experiment to watch. Especially if it did work out.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, FluffHead said:

Fisher probably shouldn’t have put part of the playbook on Instagram last night 

CA35F088-0424-4FAD-A66D-3B9711B81E8B.jpeg

 

Moron.  He should be gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Holy ***** I thought you were kidding 

I honestly wonder if that played into his release.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jeez what an idiot. did he take a pic of the ipad and  post it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keith Ford started a game last year and will not make the 90-man roster this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I honestly wonder if that played into his release.

It’s one of the dumber things I’ve ever seen. Makes you think he was trying to get cut. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I was just interested in the story line. I'm not aware of another time that an OT transitioned to TE-- kind of intriguing, and I respect the risk to his career to make the change. He had to drop some weight, and I assume he's put a lot of work into chasing the dream. So, we know he can block, he'd probably be pretty hard to tackle, and if his hands were decent (the biggest ?, obviously-- I assume he's put a lot of offseason work into that part of his game) then it would have been an interesting experiment to watch. Especially if it did work out.

ok....Jason Peters was a TE at one point, I believe...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What was the knock on Ford? I don't recall his performance in limited play.  Any chance he gets picked up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mike Malone said:

What was the knock on Ford? I don't recall his performance in limited play.  Any chance he gets picked up?

there's always a chance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Mike Malone said:

What was the knock on Ford? I don't recall his performance in limited play.  Any chance he gets picked up?

He wasn’t a good prospect coming out of A&M last year imo. He was, however, the only “power” RB the Bills had on the roster besides Gore. Thought they would keep him around. Maybe they will sign one before camp (they would have to cut someone to do so).

Edited by YoloinOhio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mike Malone said:

What was the knock on Ford? I don't recall his performance in limited play.  Any chance he gets picked up?

 

I don’t think there it’s a knock on Ford. Just a numbers game with McCoy, Gore, Singletary and Yeldon. Think we are set at RB... 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, wppete said:

 

I don’t think there it’s a knock on Ford. Just a numbers game with McCoy, Gore, Singletary and Yeldon. Think we are set at RB... 

I know they have the rugby guy, but they need another RB in the style of Gore for camp imo 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I figure Smith v Fisher is about having a veteran presence in a very young TE room.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, wppete said:

 

Damn..... What’s this guy thinking??? That pic cost him a hell of a lot of money...

Not really. At best he could become what Lee Smith already is, thats why he is gone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mike Malone said:

What was the knock on Ford? I don't recall his performance in limited play.  Any chance he gets picked up?

Probably. He wasn't terrible, but he no chance of winning a roster spot so why keep him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FluffHead said:

Fisher probably shouldn’t have put part of the playbook on Instagram last night 

CA35F088-0424-4FAD-A66D-3B9711B81E8B.jpeg

 

Fancy little RPO there. I like it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I know they have the rugby guy, but they need another RB in the style of Gore for camp imo 

Guys like Ford are readily available as free agents. If they want one they can easily find one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CuddyDark said:

Because they need one Aaron Hernandez style TE. They'll probably keep searching for him as long as Daboll is OC.

Dead???

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

 

 

WE'RE    DOOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

Guys like Ford are readily available as free agents. If they want one they can easily find one

And I must be blanking on who else we have because Sal said we have 7 RBs. I can only think of 6.

 

edit: I forgot Senorise Perry

Edited by YoloinOhio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ECU homer here, but I like McGhin. He's a project but has played every OL position. He's 100% a process guy and he looks like the Undertaker from WWE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless they were courteously cuts to let these guys go early to hopefully catch on somewhere else because they wouldnt make the roster, it's gotta suck to be beat out by some walk on tryout.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Mike Malone said:

What was the knock on Ford? I don't recall his performance in limited play.  Any chance he gets picked up?

 

The one thing I remember about Ford was he could not pick up a blitz.

He was burned often when ask to block in his preseason games.

Truthfully, I can't remember if that improved when he played in a couple of regular season games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CuddyDark said:

Because they need one Aaron Hernandez style TE. They'll probably keep searching for him as long as Daboll is OC.

 

God, I hope not. 

 

3-DCA0-FEE-9-F44-411-D-8-E53-40401-E2-B0

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...