Bills release Jake Fisher and Keith Ford, sign 4 tryout players

16 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Is that photo really a big deal? It's part of one page from a playbook that was given out to the 90+ players signed this offseason. I would assume this early in the offseason the playbook they get is not the same one they get after the preseason, and it's probably filled with more general/generic plays they will run during training camp. I doubt teams are running to their computers to get a copy of that photo to get the Bills secrets. They would probably get the same info from him if they asked while interviewing him after he is cut.

It shows extreme lack of judgement 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

The Jake Fisher era is over. Put his number on the wall next to Antonio Brown’s. Two of the greatest Bills of all time.

I believe that "our" AB made it through training camp and appeared in August games. 

2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Is that photo really a big deal? It's part of one page from a playbook that was given out to the 90+ players signed this offseason. I would assume this early in the offseason the playbook they get is not the same one they get after the preseason, and it's probably filled with more general/generic plays they will run during training camp. I doubt teams are running to their computers to get a copy of that photo to get the Bills secrets. They would probably get the same info from him if they asked while interviewing him after he is cut.

Yeah it’s a big deal. Playbooks are proprietary to the organization.

If if you don’t believe me, put an image of one of your employers proprietary documents on social media and tag your leadership team to make sure you get their feedback.  

• Haha (+1) 1

I wonder if there were fans who believed he would actually make the roster. I figured he had a huge hill to climb and making the roster would be a big surprise.

4 hours ago, Koko78 said:

It looks like a pretty basic play, so there's not going to be a lot of harm to the Bills from his posting this.

That said, this guy is a ***** idiot. What team is going to sign him, knowing that he posts his team's playbook online for all to see?

If a team thinks he has value, he’ll get a shot

17 minutes ago, MJS said:

I wonder if there were fans who believed he would actually make the roster. I figured he had a huge hill to climb and making the roster would be a big surprise.

Oh yeah there were some that thought this guys career was going to be resurrected as a blocking TE.. Couldn’t block as an OT but was future HOFer at TE

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

The Jake Fisher era is over. Put his number on the wall next to Antonio Brown’s. Two of the greatest Bills of all time.

I’ll hang his jersey in my closet next to that Dri Archer I bought a few years back.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

I know there were fans who thought he had a chance. I was one of them. I was into the experiment. 

5 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

God, I hope not. 

3-DCA0-FEE-9-F44-411-D-8-E53-40401-E2-B0

I am sure Billicheat gave him lessons on how to not get caught (cheat) but he did not pay attention.

40 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I know there were fans who thought he had a chance. I was one of them. I was into the experiment. 

There are fans who think a TE who blocks is same thing as a extra lineman so it does not surprise me.

I think based on his background he had a chance but would have had more of a chance changing position on same team like George Wilson did.

7 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Don't understand signing that UDFA from Florida versus giving Fisher a real shot to show what he can do.

The UDFA actually plays and has been playing the TE position.  Fisher is trying to move to TE.  If the guy who actually plays TE showed the coaches something it's a no brainer.  He's young and doesn't have to learn the basics of the position.

I'm assuming that McDermott decided that Kroft would not be enough of a locker room leader with a whole room full of rookies.  That is at least a good share of the reason that Lee Smith was signed.  Of course, Kroft wasn't going to be the guy they would let go, since he may well be the best guy to begin the season as starter.  Fisher, whose skill set was closest to that of Smith  (which makes him a very one dimensional tight end until proven otherwise) was the logical cut to make.  I wish Fisher well and hop he has a chance to continue his quest to make his position switch successful.  Just don't sign with New England.