Bills release Jake Fisher and Keith Ford, sign 4 tryout players

10 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

Guys like Ford are readily available as free agents. If they want one they can easily find one

And I must be blanking on who else we have because Sal said we have 7 RBs. I can only think of 6.

edit: I forgot Senorise Perry

Edited by YoloinOhio

31 minutes ago, Mike Malone said:

What was the knock on Ford? I don't recall his performance in limited play.  Any chance he gets picked up?

The one thing I remember about Ford was he could not pick up a blitz.

He was burned often when ask to block in his preseason games.

Truthfully, I can't remember if that improved when he played in a couple of regular season games.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

The one thing I remember about Ford was he could not pick up a blitz.

He was burned often when ask to block in his preseason games.

Truthfully, I can't remember if that improved when he played in a couple of regular season games.

Very typical of rookies. Usually one of the biggest learning curves out of college. Those can do that consistently and effectively in addition to running and catching are drafted very high. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

39 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s one of the dumber things I’ve ever seen. Makes you think he was trying to get cut. 

No kidding. I wonder if there are fines/penalties for posting that type of information on social media. Meaning, $100,000 fine for publishing plays, roster info, medical info, etc.

Total idiot.

1 hour ago, FluffHead said:

Fisher probably shouldn’t have put part of the playbook on Instagram last night 

CA35F088-0424-4FAD-A66D-3B9711B81E8B.jpeg

His cover letter for the New England job application he filled out last week. Now Exhibit A for owners to be able to restrict/vet social media under any new CBA?

Unbelievable that he didn’t think this was any big deal to post. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Fisher release makes sense. Lee Smith is pretty much what one would hope Fisher could develop into. I was excited about Fisher, but the release makes sense. 

Completely agree, no point trying to develop a great blocking TE when you can just sign one.

1 hour ago, Mike Malone said:

What was the knock on Ford? I don't recall his performance in limited play.  Any chance he gets picked up?

He is just very basic, no special traits imo

• Like (+1) 1

Is that photo really a big deal? It's part of one page from a playbook that was given out to the 90+ players signed this offseason. I would assume this early in the offseason the playbook they get is not the same one they get after the preseason, and it's probably filled with more general/generic plays they will run during training camp. I doubt teams are running to their computers to get a copy of that photo to get the Bills secrets. They would probably get the same info from him if they asked while interviewing him after he is cut.

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills did Fisher and Ford a favor by cutting them, their positions groups were just too crowded for them to have a chance to stand out.  This way, they can have a chance to show their stuff elsewhere.  Best of luck to them (and keep the playbook off of social media!)

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FluffHead said:

Fisher probably shouldn’t have put part of the playbook on Instagram last night 

CA35F088-0424-4FAD-A66D-3B9711B81E8B.jpeg

Wow. Rookie mistake...:for someone who was not a rookie. 

• Like (+1) 1