Bills release Jake Fisher and Keith Ford, sign 4 tryout players

21 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Don't understand signing that UDFA from Florida versus giving Fisher a real shot to show what he can do.

Um....apparently they are giving the UDFA from Florida a real shot to show what he can do.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I was pretty excited to see the Jake Fisher experiment play out. I liked the idea of it. 

Not being a smartass, but why?  Probably wouldn't have worked out and he's not that special of a player

Just now, nucci said:

Not being a smartass, but why?  Probably wouldn't have worked out and he's not that special of a player

I was just interested in the story line. I'm not aware of another time that an OT transitioned to TE-- kind of intriguing, and I respect the risk to his career to make the change. He had to drop some weight, and I assume he's put a lot of work into chasing the dream. So, we know he can block, he'd probably be pretty hard to tackle, and if his hands were decent (the biggest ?, obviously-- I assume he's put a lot of offseason work into that part of his game) then it would have been an interesting experiment to watch. Especially if it did work out.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I was just interested in the story line. I'm not aware of another time that an OT transitioned to TE-- kind of intriguing, and I respect the risk to his career to make the change. He had to drop some weight, and I assume he's put a lot of work into chasing the dream. So, we know he can block, he'd probably be pretty hard to tackle, and if his hands were decent (the biggest ?, obviously-- I assume he's put a lot of offseason work into that part of his game) then it would have been an interesting experiment to watch. Especially if it did work out.

ok....Jason Peters was a TE at one point, I believe...

7 minutes ago, Mike Malone said:

What was the knock on Ford? I don't recall his performance in limited play.  Any chance he gets picked up?

He wasn’t a good prospect coming out of A&M last year imo. He was, however, the only “power” RB the Bills had on the roster besides Gore. Thought they would keep him around. Maybe they will sign one before camp (they would have to cut someone to do so).

Edited by YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, Mike Malone said:

What was the knock on Ford? I don't recall his performance in limited play.  Any chance he gets picked up?

I don’t think there it’s a knock on Ford. Just a numbers game with McCoy, Gore, Singletary and Yeldon. Think we are set at RB... 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

I don’t think there it’s a knock on Ford. Just a numbers game with McCoy, Gore, Singletary and Yeldon. Think we are set at RB... 

I know they have the rugby guy, but they need another RB in the style of Gore for camp imo 

Edited by YoloinOhio