Bills sign Lee Smith to 3-year deal -contract details released

8 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Wow.  A three year deal.  That seems like a lot.

all depends on the guarantee. a $500K signing bonus, with vet min guarantee, means a 1 year deal..and if he is good they have him locked up for the 2 more. If not, they cut him

• Like (+1) 7

11 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

3 years? Interesting...well hes a lock so 1 maybe 2 spots open. 

Kelly Pegula better say goodbye to her boyfriend.

Wonder if Daddy has had a say in this? 

"Hey Beane, I need you to spend the offseason bringing in as many TEs as you can, I will spare no expense, I think the game is heading in a direction where TE will be the prime position......"

• Haha (+1) 1

I compare this to the Derek Anderson addition last year. I think you are adding a veteran who plays his butt off to a room full of young guys. I think he is a very limited player, but I think is a addition will be huge for the tight end room imo, especially in terms of teh development of Dawson Knox. Smith is basically what we hope Fisher could become. I'm interested to see the guaranteed money here. 

• Like (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Any time you can lock up a 31 year old blocking TE you just have to do it. Welcome home my sweet prince.

Haha. Apparently, he’s a great teammate.  All I remember from his time here is us calling a perfect pass play at the goal line and him tripping on his feet and blowing an easy td.

if you combine all of our TEs, would they even have 1,000 yards?  I’m glad they are trying to improve the position but it’s like they are just shopping at the dollar store. 

• Like (+1) 4

Come season start, this team is going to have some sick ass depth that's for sure. May of been what has been missing all these years. Good players with no depth leaves you in a ton of trouble if the injury bug ever hits. With depth, we should be able to keep the ship smooth sailing and hopefully be in a good place when playoffs roll around. Go bills!

• Awesome! (+1) 1