Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Bills sign Lee Smith to 3-year deal -contract details released

Jake Fisher has to be feeling pretty bad about his chances of making the team.

Mr. Croom isn't going anywhere

Show some respect to the future team owner! It's the HHH plan to run the company one day!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Hes one of the better blocking TEs in football. I know most will hate it here, but with a young QB the main game plan is still going to be pounding the rock for awhile..

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, Mrbojanglezs said:

Went from unlikely to not happening.

1 minute ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

In fairness to that, the Bills have no idea yet whether he can play TE 

2 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Good.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

So Croom and Fisher are probably not making the team is what this means. Do we keep a 4th TE in Sweeney?

Edited by *******

Wait for the details on the deal.  So far Beane has structured things very well (team friendly), I would expect the same here.  

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

3 years? Interesting...well hes a lock so 1 maybe 2 spots open. 

Kelly Pegula better say goodbye to her boyfriend.

Wonder if Daddy has had a say in this? 

"Hey Beane, I need you to spend the offseason bringing in as many TEs as you can, I will spare no expense, I think the game is heading in a direction where TE will be the prime position......"

• Haha (+1) 1

I compare this to the Derek Anderson addition last year. I think you are adding a veteran who plays his butt off to a room full of young guys. I think he is a very limited player, but I think is a addition will be huge for the tight end room imo, especially in terms of teh development of Dawson Knox. Smith is basically what we hope Fisher could become. I'm interested to see the guaranteed money here. 

• Like (+1) 5

Love this move. I think Croom is done. Is he eligible for Practice Roster?

7 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Any time you can lock up a 31 year old blocking TE you just have to do it. Welcome home my sweet prince.

Haha. Apparently, he’s a great teammate.  All I remember from his time here is us calling a perfect pass play at the goal line and him tripping on his feet and blowing an easy td.

if you combine all of our TEs, would they even have 1,000 yards?  I’m glad they are trying to improve the position but it’s like they are just shopping at the dollar store. 

• Like (+1) 4

Come season start, this team is going to have some sick ass depth that's for sure. May of been what has been missing all these years. Good players with no depth leaves you in a ton of trouble if the injury bug ever hits. With depth, we should be able to keep the ship smooth sailing and hopefully be in a good place when playoffs roll around. Go bills!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Why? He’s terrible, always has been. When he’s in the game everyone will know we’re running. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Skeptical 1

1 minute ago, wppete said:

Love this move. I think Croom is done. Is he eligible for Practice Roster?

I don’t get this. Croom in theory has potential.  What does Smith have?  Plus, you want to keep the owner’s daughter happy.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t get this. Croom in theory has potential.  What does Smith have?  Plus, you want to keep the owner’s daughter happy.

Blocking and veteran presence. 

• Like (+1) 2

I don’t get this one. I really don’t. But, I also would have drafted Rosen so what do I know? I just remember him being a penalty machine. He was disposable even when we had no decent TEs.

1 minute ago, cantankerous said:

Why? He’s terrible, always has been. When he’s in the game everyone will know we’re running. 

This what worries me about this regime.  They seem to have outdated ways of thinking.  It’s liek signing Star.  Good at one thing, completely worthless if teams pass.  Smith is a glorified o linemen.  Why not just keep Fisher who can fill two roles?  

• Confused 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

This what worries me about this regime.  They seem to have outdated ways of thinking.  It’s liek signing Star.  Good at one thing, completely worthless if teams pass.  Smith is a glorified o linemen.  Why not just keep Fisher who can fill two roles?  

Lee Smith has started a lot of games in this league and obviously has value to NFL teams- just not to message board posters fixated on fantasy statistics.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks! (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Who says Fisher can fill two roles? 

29 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Wow.  A three year deal.  That seems like a lot.

Yeah I thought this too.  I guess it depends on how much bonus money is guaranteed for it to be cap meaningful.

Reckon this is as much about special teams than it is TE.