Bills sign Lee Smith to 3-year deal -contract details released

5 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Because religion and a background in wrestling are the primary criteria for drafting or signing players.

There are few narratives more tiring on this board....

I wish someone would crucify those to do that.

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

If the Patriots would have made this move Scott would be talking about how the Patriots play chess and everyone else is playing checkers.......lol

That is silly. P*ts and Sc*tt only play games you can win by cheating.

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....anybody have Robert Royal on speed dial??........

Yes and his mother.  Why?

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They have constructed terrible offenses.  I don’t know why they get such a pass on offensive moves.  They have been bad on that side of the ball.  

They haven't built the offense yet. They inherited one then tore most of it down and are now in process of building imo. They didn't over spend or panic so we did ende up with crappy ol...  but never are we in cap trouble with the players they are bringing in that don't work.

Benjamin sucked but really didn't cost a lot in the bug scheme for the roll of the dice.

Still the offense is mostly predicated on Allen's development

Edited by ddaryl

9 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...then there was Round Up...........

Why give a guy a 3 three deal,  this guy is street bum,  league min on one year non guaranteed deal

26 minutes ago, without a drought said:

I think the Bills are building a bully.

Right,  same as Rex Ryan,  this a total outdated move.  Passing league and sign some scrub that no other team wants

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

This is a loser move,  passing league and they give this scrub 3 year deal.

Passing league until the last month of the season in the AFCE.  Then you need to do both equally well. 

This guy blocks like a tackle, a good tackle.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Bottom line.....it looks to me like the bills would like to be top 5 in running the ball again.....

Wouldnt that be great?

we are in the minority.

or maybe it is just me : 0

3 hours ago, purple haze said:

He's there to block. To me, this is about the run game. It also tells me DiMarco might not be on the roster come September.

I had both thoughts.  With regard to the run game, someone shared a Cover1 clip of a pass play where Lee made a very good block.  So they may wish to use a TE blocking in the passing game and this signing may be less run-game-centered than I thought.

With regard to DiMarco...unless they've signed and drafted all these TE just to cut 'em, they have to make room somehow. 

some folks are just wrong about Lee and what Daboll wants to run. This fills the gap Bills had at TE for calling those plays.
The play book opens another chapter.
Now if Knox can catch ..

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I had both thoughts.  With regard to the run game, someone shared a Cover1 clip of a pass play where Lee made a very good block.  So they may wish to use a TE blocking in the passing game and this signing may be less run-game-centered than I thought.

With regard to DiMarco...unless they've signed and drafted all these TE just to cut 'em, they have to make room somehow. 

this should be fun to watch. Dimarco has not done as well as I hoped. But he has not been awful enough to replace yet.
I think Bills want to keep a FB. moving forward.

11 minutes ago, without a drought said:

I think this might be because of his ability to be the emergency long snapper.

Versatility is so process.

I understand the skill needed to be a long snapper but I'd like to see the Bills get one of their players, maybe backups, be able to long snap well so long snapper is a luxury not a need.

44 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You need to post a warning on that thing that it's Yet Another Muffed Cut Block

Do you think this means Croom is gone?

I would be surprised if Croom makes the team. He converted from WR to TE and it shows. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

13 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

A 1 year deal doesn’t surprise me.  A 3 year deal does.

13 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Ditto. 

This is a head scratcher for me. 4 new OL on one 1 year deals and ‘never was’ TE on a 3 year?

The Buffalo Bills and tight end Lee Smith agreed to a three-year, $9 million contract Monday, per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport

49 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

The Buffalo Bills and tight end Lee Smith agreed to a three-year, $9 million contract Monday, per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport

I noticed that quite few really don’t like this signing mainly  because he’s not a big contributor in the passing game , but im sure we all remember how bad our running game was last year and I know our OL was a big reason for that , but people underestimate the importance of a good blocking TE , and how ONE good block can make a difference 

between a 4 yard  or maybe  24 yard gain  anyway my point is that 1) he can help improve our running game 2) he’s a solid vet who can help/teach Knox on his blocking skills 3) sounds like he’s a great lockeroom 

guy , so if he’s all that then he’s worth every penny welcome back Lee !!!!

Go Bills baby !!!!

i think  Shaddy and the rest of our  RB group probably likes this addition 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Lee Smith's penalty to snap count ratio was always around 1:2.  I'd expect it'll remain the same on go-round #2 with the Bills.

Signing him to that deal says a lot about how they feel about their TE group.

Don't remember him being assessed a lot of penalties.  12 calls in 56 starts as a Bill.