Bills sign Lee Smith to 3-year deal -contract details released

3 minutes ago, richardb1952 said:

Then again, maybe the Owners want to remove a certain TE from the team and are "encouraging" the FO to find an alternative.  

It’s certainly possible that Terry and Kim prefer Croom not be on their team, for reasons of conflict of interest. Whether they like him or not. The most likely scenario though is that McD and Beane do not give a ***** about who Croom is dating when it comes to who is on the final 53. Either he makes it or he doesn’t. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s certainly possible that Terry and Kim prefer Croom not be on their team, for reasons of conflict of interest. Whether they like him or not. The most likely scenario though is that McD and Beane do not give a ***** about who Croom is dating when it comes to who is on the final 53. Either he makes it or he doesn’t. 

Agree, really.  Lee is not really a receiving threat and that is something Croom can do.  Probably means a lot more 2 TE sets.  Another weapon in the Dabol toolbox.  I predict Lee will have more than 150 yards receiving this year.  Bold prediction.

17 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

They had a shell of Tom Brady and gronk. They needed to run what you call an outdated offense to win. They Planned on running that outdated offense before the season started and look where it got them. If it won a Super Bowl last year is it really outdated?

Lee smith is going to be a sub package guy. He’s not going to be the starter or used anything like gronk. Trying to compare him to gronk is a weak argument. He’s here to help the run game. Our blocking was atrocious last year and needed upgrades. A good run game helps young QBs. 

1). I love the shell of Brady.  God, I would love a shell qb who completes 65% of his passes for 4,500 yards and 29 tds, which would be the greatest Season in Bills history.  

2). Gronk is a great blocker and receiver.  When he is on the field, you have no idea what is coming.  When Lee Smith is on the field, you know what’s coming.  It’s called a yell and defenses key on it.  And he is such a non threat in the passing game that you can’t even trick a defense with a play action pass.  

3). Oakland had a bottom 10 rushing attack.  His impact was very minimal.  

Its a backup te so whatever.  But it’s mindset.  You need versatility and not guys who give away the play.  8 guys in the box isn’t going to help the running game.

51 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Fire Beane!  Fire McDermott!

There, that’s out of the way for the week.  Time to water the tomato seeds.

Fire everybody, Beane, McDermott, the players, fans, and the Pegulas; hire new give them one season to win a SB, if not, fire everyone again!  TBD at its best!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I asked in the other thread and still haven’t gotten an answer. Can someone please explain to me the advantage of a “blocking TE” as opposed to an extra tackle? No one is scared of Lee Smith in the passing game so he’s pretty much there to block. He’s not as good at blocking as an OT.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Had 3 TDs last year. He isn’t targeted much, obviously. If you show me a big drop % then I agree he can’t catch. I don’t know what his drop % is. 

one site says his 2018 catch rate is 90+% and true catch rate is actually 100%. But he only had 11 targets all year.

my point is if he was a TE who could catch he would be targeted more. Coaches must know his numbers would be ***** if he was made an option in the pass game so that is why I say "he can't catch" as in they know he really can't and give him no chance to do it so he really can't.