Bills sign Lee Smith to 3-year deal -contract details released

7 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Lee Smith has started a lot of games in this league and obviously has value to NFL teams- just not to message board posters fixated on fantasy statistics.  

Haha.  You’re right.  This might be the year he tops 80 yards in a season.  But the Raiders are definitely a team I point to as being one I want to idle myself after.  

Like I said, I heard he’s a great guy.  And props to him for getting checks for so long with such average talent.  But lee smith’s Are a dime a dozen.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, cantankerous said:

Why? He’s terrible, always has been. When he’s in the game everyone will know we’re running. 

He caught more TDs last year than Clay did in the last two years. He’s not the future at TE. He’s a vet who can block well and catch when he needs to.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

Wait for the details on the deal.  So far Beane has structured things very well (team friendly), I would expect the same here.  

That's my take as well.   I'll wait to see how easy it is for the Bills to get out of his contract after year one--as well as the amount of any guaranteed money--before passing judgement on this signing.

If nothing else, he'll be a great role model in training camp for Knox, Sweeny and even Fisher...

Yeah, yeah, he can block..  Thing is though, we don’t know how Knox & Sweeney will turn out. We have an idea about Kroft. We’re all pretty excited to be done with the oft-injured, uninspiring, costly Clay. We DO know about Smith. We -and every team he’s played for- kicked him to the curb.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, PirateHookerMD said:

There goes Croom and Fisher probably. 

Kroft/Lee/Knoxx.

Sweeney/Fisher/Croom maybe for a last spot. 

I don't see Croom going because he "can" be a weapon in the passing game....but you never know.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I mean did the Bills even check TBD before this signing!?  I know THEY like the guy, but our Scouting Department is second to none in the NFL (message board) world! :beer:

Welcome back Lee - now go knock someone on their ass!! :D

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Ditto. 

This is a head scratcher for me. 4 new OL on one 1 year deals and ‘never was’ TE on a 3 year?

Fire Beane!  Fire McDermott!

There, that’s out of the way for the week.  Time to water the tomato seeds.

• Haha (+1) 4