Bigger chokers than the Jim Kelly Bills?

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

How can losing on a missed last sec kick be a choke.  Except that Norwood choked.

The even recorded a safety in the game and final winning score was under three TD's.

Again, like poster (mentioned) above me, somebody has to win.

Because they lost. 

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

They had ONE job: stop Kawhi. And they couldn't do that one job.

Why? Choked.

I'm no NBA fan by any stretch.  But man .... from an outsider-looking in perspective, the NBA certainly does seem rigged as hell.

What was it last year?  Rockets missed something like  (27)  3-point attempts in a must win game after being the best 3-point shooting team in the NBA all year?

And then this year, Golden State doesn't have Durant, but STILL gets past Houston?

Then this whole 76ers choke fest?

I dunno, man ....  Olympic boxing is starting to look more legit than the NBA.

39 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

They had ONE job: stop Kawhi. And they couldn't do that one job.

Why? Choked.

They perfectly two-man boxed him to the corner and he put up a shot that went 18.5 feet in the air before hitting the front of the fore-rim and somehow rotated forward to hit the rim three more times before falling in. Oh, and Toronto was the favorite playing at home in Game 7 before a raucous crowd.

But, yeah, you can call that a choke job.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

2 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

They perfectly two-man boxed him to the corner and he put up a shot that went 18.5 feet in the air before hitting the front of the fore-rim and somehow rotating forward to hit the rim three more times before falling in. Oh, and Toronto was the favorite playing at home in Game 7 before a raucous crowd.

Less about that and more about the THIRTY-EIGHT other points he put in the bucket.

Know what I mean?

2 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

They perfectly two-man boxed him to the corner and he put up a shot that went 18.5 feet in the air before hitting the front of the fore-rim and somehow rotated forward to hit the rim three more times before falling in. Oh, and Toronto was the favorite playing at home in Game 7 before a raucous crowd.

Yeah, can't really call it a choke job. I believe the Raptors were favorites heading into the series, they were in a game seven that was close almost all game, and they lost on a buzzer beater. Had they had a 20 point lead late and lost, then yes, that's a bit of a choke job, or if they were the Leafs...

If you want to see impressive choking, look at the Ontario Hockey Leagues (OHL) playoffs this year. The winner, the Guelph Storm, came back from 3-0 series deficits twice , and in the finals were down 2 games to 0 against a team that was 12-0 in the playoffs to that point, to win 4 straight to take the championship. At least 3 teams choked against them this year......

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

This era's Tampa Bay Lightning are quickly working their way up the ranks in this category

I live in the outskirts of Tampa and the locals I know say it is the worst collapse ever of any pro team sport they have ever seen. 

Going back to the top... we partied and drank with the SB25 Bills until 1am the Friday before the game. We also left the bar before they did.

Although I don't follow sailing, I have to say the worst choke I've every seen was the 2013 America's Cup finals.

Team New Zealand vs Oracle (USA).

Team NZ came out winning the first 8 races of the final series, needing only one more win for the trophy.

Unfortunately, Oracle came back winning the next 9 races and the big prize.

I swear the entire country of NZ was in silence for about a week, before people moved on from it.  (Worst thing about it was that the Oracle boat was skippered by an Aussie!)

Let's go Buffalo!

1 hour ago, T&C said:

I live in the outskirts of Tampa and the locals I know say it is the worst collapse ever of any pro team sport they have ever seen. 

Going back to the top... we partied and drank with the SB25 Bills until 1am the Friday before the game. We also left the bar before they did.

Friday isn't so bad, but isn't great.  I heart they were doing that the morning of the SB, which is shameful.

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Friday isn't so bad, but isn't great.  I heart they were doing that the morning of the SB, which is shameful.

Jeebus... where did you hear that?!

If true that puts Marv into the douchebag category....

10 hours ago, T&C said:

1) It really is that bad when you are stacked with the team built to go all the way and you get swept out of the first round!

2) From the stories I've heard over the years they probably didn't leave the bar until the morning of the game :cry:

11 hours ago, T&C said:

Jeebus... where did you hear that?!

If true that puts Marv into the douchebag category....

That’s what I’ve heard from several people over the years.  And Marv refused to/couldn’t do anything about it.