Bigger chokers than the Jim Kelly Bills?

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

The Joel Embiid sixers. UGH.

Good riddance to the 6ers. Congrats Toronto.

To be fair to Jim Kelly and the Bills, there was no salary cap at the time and they lost to really big market teams that easily outspent them.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Turk71 said:

To be fair to Jim Kelly and the Bills, there was no salary cap at the time and they lost to really big market teams that easily outspent them.

Lol they choked. Period.

1 hour ago, Turk71 said:

Excuses, excuses.  The better coach won in all four Super Bowl losses.  All on Marv.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

They choked in the first SB only.  The others they were beaten by clearly better teams.

I tended to used to think that but really don’t know how much better those Cowboys teams were than the Bills.

During the regular seasons of 93 and 96 the Bills beat the Cowboys.  I’ve said it here before but a better coach wouldn’t let the demons take over after the Thurman fumble.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I tended to used to think that but really don’t know how much better those Cowboys teams were than the Bills.

During the regular seasons of 93 and 96 the Bills beat the Cowboys.  I’ve said it here before but a better coach wouldn’t let the demons take over after the Thurman fumble.  

The Bills beat the Cowboys in '93 because Emmitt Smith was holding out.  In '96 the Cowboys started to fade and certainly the Bills did.

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Lol they choked. Period.

XXV: By “they” you mean Norwood, right? :P. I kid; I know it’s a team game. 

As to the 3 others, objectively speaking the Bills were never the better team on paper, so I’d call that par for the course in Vegas odds, instead of a favorite who chokes, or? 

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/super-bowl-betting-history-odds-spreads-over-under-results

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Excuses, excuses.  The better coach won in all four Super Bowl losses.  All on Marv.

I won't argue with that, but it wasn't just on Marv and I wasn't trying to make excuses.

Facts are facts though, the Bills were significantly outspent by their SB opponents.

Edited by Turk71
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don't know if the loser of a Game 7 buzzer beater can be a choker.  Somebody has to lose.  The one thing I'd keep in mind in regards to the 2018-2019 76ers is with all their trades, they essentially rolled out three different teams during the course of the season and still made it work to get that far in the playoffs.  

As for biggest chokers, I submit the Atlanta Braves.  They owned the National League for nearly two decades. 

They were divisional champions 14 years in a row, likely 15 if the 1994 strike hadn't occurred. 

Five world series, just one win.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Doc said:

They choked in the first SB only.  The others they were beaten by clearly better teams.

How can losing on a missed last sec kick be a choke.  Except that Norwood choked.

The even recorded a safety in the game and final winning score was under three TD's.

Again, like poster (mentioned) above me, somebody has to win.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

1 minute ago, dpberr said:

As for biggest chokers, I submit the Atlanta Braves.  They owned the National League for nearly two decades. 

They were divisional champions 14 years in a row, likely 15 if the 1994 strike hadn't occurred. 

Five world series, just one win.  

That’s underachieving.

For your consideration:

2007 Mets.

1986 Red Sox

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

That’s underachieving.

For your consideration:

2007 Mets.

1986 Red Sox

1986 Mets were just better.

I submit .... Greg Norman as the biggest choker of all time.

24 minutes ago, Gugny said:

1986 Mets were just better.

I submit .... Greg Norman as the biggest choker of all time.

Not a bad submission.  Much better golfer than his career wins (PGA tour and majors) list would indicate.  How many 2nd place finishes did he have in majors?  Ten?

This 6ers team though, dear Lord.  Doesn't get big in the paint (5 offensive rebounds vs. 16 for Toronto), can't shoot threes when it counts (Joel 1-6 from deep in game 7, Butler 1-6 too I think).  Joel moved like a fat kid in gym class in the fourth quarter.  Awful to watch.

4 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Not a bad submission.  Much better golfer than his career wins (PGA tour and majors) list would indicate.  How many 2nd place finishes did he have in majors?  Ten?

This 6ers team though, dear Lord.  Doesn't get big in the paint (5 offensive rebounds vs. 16 for Toronto), can't shoot threes when it counts (Joel 1-6 from deep in game 7, Butler 1-6 too I think).  Joel moved like a fat kid in gym class in the fourth quarter.  Awful to watch.

They had ONE job: stop Kawhi. And they couldn't do that one job.

Why? Choked.