May Movies: Aladdin, Godzilla, John Wick & Rocketman

13 hours ago, njbuff said:

I don’t buy the Godzilla vs King Kong movie at all. 

Kong has ZERO chance against Godzilla.

Look at it this way..........

How quick would King Ghidorah dispatch King Kong? And Godzilla literally ate King Ghidorah,

Yeah. It's a tough sell right now. Will have to wait and see how big Kong is. The one thing he has going for him is that he's super smart....oh, and opposable thumbs

8 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Yeah. It's a tough sell right now. Will have to wait and see how big Kong is. The one thing he has going for him is that he's super smart....oh, and opposable thumbs

Then Kong should be smart enough to not even challenge Godzilla then.

Kong can be the smartest creature on God's green earth, but what chance does he really have against not only Godzilla, but, KG, Rodan or Mothra for that matter?

Military weaponry can bring down Kong easily for Pete's sake. The other monsters that I mentioned just laugh at the humans.

21 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I really enjoyed Godzilla. The only thing I'm wondering is how they can top that? It seems him fighting all of the Monsters on earth should be the finale of the series, not the second one. Maybe someone with more knowledge of Godzilla history can answer that. 

There are always other monsters to fight like King Kong, and the Meg. Also, they can tap into the Giant Robots.

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 1:27 PM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I saw Rocketman last weekend for a one night only advanced screening. Soundtrack is phenomenal. The storytelling is a bit weird, its more of a musical where they break out into song. Great movie though. Gay sex scene was a bit more graphic than I would have asked for (I feel this way about 90% of sex scenes), but I really enjoyed it.

Wife and I saw it last weekend, pretty much in lock-step with your review. There were a couple of families in the theater that brought their 80-year-old grandmas along. Can't imagine what the grannies thought about the graphic gay sex scene.

8 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Wife and I saw it last weekend, pretty much in lock-step with your review. There were a couple of families in the theater that brought their 80-year-old grandmas along. Can't imagine what the grannies thought about the graphic gay sex scene.

Elton John himself was the one who insisted on it being in there because he “didn’t live a PG-13 life.” I understand he was/is gay. I don’t want it cut out of the plot. But showing them kissing and waking up in bed together has the same effect from a story telling point of view. 

• 1 month later...