Found in archives-best long range prediction ever on TSW?

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

You got an issue bro... I didn’t call you out once...

There are tons and tons and tons of 5* recruits who never pan out... who never star in college

tons  of 5* QBs who never do anything 

he was a highschooler when I said that... and I was the first to talk about him here

Every 17 year old has massive bust potential and All I said was he was the best HS QB I’ve ever seen and was going to be a top pick... i was going to the us all American bowl

You can be a douche but that is a prediction... because there are a dozens and dozens  5* QBs who haven’t planned out over the years 

fact

most 5* football recruits don’t even make the league... but Lawrence was a guaranteed star when I made this when he was a high schooler ? Yea right funny joke

4 out of 10 5* QBs don’t even get drafted and 60% that do don’t even last 5-6 years in the league... 5* QB retention rate is 40%

I realize it isn’t the boldest take... but nobody was even talking about Lawrence here in 17

A douche? Touchy subject?

He was the consensus 2018 #1 recruit in..... 2016. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/nations-no-1-player-should-decide-very-soon-between-georgia-and-clemson/amp

Facts matter, I think it’s a weak attempt at passing it off as a good prediction. I don’t see the need for name calling. 

Silly. 

22 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

A douche? Touchy subject?

He was the consensus 2018 #1 recruit in..... 2016. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/nations-no-1-player-should-decide-very-soon-between-georgia-and-clemson/amp

Facts matter, I think it’s a weak attempt at passing it off as a good prediction. I don’t see the need for name calling. 

Silly. 

Who cares if he was the #1 recruit? Does that mean every scout who scouted him doesn’t get credit?

I said he was PERSONALLY the best QB at his age I’ve ever seen... and I’ve seen lots of great ones in 25+ years as a coach and scout

lots of 5* recruits are busts... nobody knew Tom Brady would be Brady or he wouldn’t have lasted til the 6th

There is a college football forum here and I was the first to mention him... I don’t care if he was already highly rated... I wouldn’t make a thread about a 3* recruit calling him the best HS QB I’ve ever seen

he’s obviously a 5* recruit... and I’ve been following him since his FR year in HS... if I made the thread after that season There would still be no pleasing you Because he was  the #1 ranked freshman QB as well 

But guess what , good players are ranked high and every one has bust potential 

you called me out so it’s obviously a touchy subject for you... 

Edited by Buffalo716

21 hours ago, BringBackFlutie said:

I'm confused.  That thread was started last September.  The math doesn't add up.

I think the OP thought the Bills were going to be picking at #1 and Oliver was pegged at #1 way back then.

21 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Maybe they thought bills would be picking #1 overall and I believe Oliver was being gushed over as a potential #1 pick at the time. 

I guess I should have read just a little farther ;)

21 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Everybody deserves a break. Maybe Jamaica

maybe is fingers? ;)

LTD for carpel tunnel at work? ;)

21 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

Carpal tunnel surgery?

I guess I should have read a little further again ;)

12 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I refuse to give a frustrated fan credit for assuming we finish dead last and would take the #1 prospect in most mock drafts at the time.

They came a long way from Davis retiring at halftime.

Man was it hot that day,I bet it was140/ 150 on the field.

3 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

You obviously never saw him throw a football over a water fountain into a trash can. 

I saw him throw a football over a water fountain into a trash can at Stubhub Center in Los Angeles. Except, the water fountain was Deonte Thompson, and the trash can was Chargers' CB Trevor Williams.

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Haha (+1) 3