Found in archives-best long range prediction ever on TSW?

6 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Whatever happened to 26cornerblitz, he used to copy paste articles all day on here then he went cold turkey 

There was an investigative thread started about that at the time, went quite awhile as I recall OTW—I feel like YOLO has more than admirably upped the standard however, around here. Addition by subtraction? 

I refuse to give a frustrated fan credit for assuming we finish dead last and would take the #1 prospect in most mock drafts at the time.

2 hours ago, downunderbill said:

I remember that post draft/first two games period. Everyone had to be fired for this and fired for that. Good times.

They came a long way from Davis retiring at halftime.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Still playing that card? Did you also know Lebron James was going to be good during his time in high school?!

Touting up kids who are already 5 star recruits won’t get yah any pats on the back. You can always do it yourself though. 

• Like (+1) 1

Even better observation slightly down the archive post from @NewDayBills

Too early for this, younger players will develop and come into their own, too early to pinpoint specific needs."

Edited by cage

14 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Maybe they thought bills would be picking #1 overall and I believe Oliver was being gushed over as a potential #1 pick at the time. 

Yeah, the same way once the Sabres won the lottery they really didn't have to wait until draft day to know who their pick was going to be last year.

12 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I was looking for something else when I stumbled onto this.  I never found what I was looking for & gave up.  

People who are spending their free time on a message board themselves shouldn't throw stones from their glass house. 

Whoa. So defensive.

I can't find the thread but I remember @Cripple Creek suggesting that Josh Allen looked like a perfect prospect for the Bills during his first year at JuCo and subsequent year at Wyoming (before his shoulder injury). If I find the thread I'll link it.  It's important because this was before any other national "expert" got on the Josh Allen train.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Whoa. So defensive.

Not defensive, just telling it like it is.   The comment was idiotic since anyone on a message board is in some way wasting fee time.  I'm doing that right now but I don't care since I'm retired & have all the free time in the world.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, CommonCents said:

Still playing that card? Did you also know Lebron James was going to be good during his time in high school?!

Touting up kids who are already 5 star recruits won’t get yah any pats on the back. You can always do it yourself though. 

You got an issue bro... I didn’t call you out once...

There are tons and tons and tons of 5* recruits who never pan out... who never star in college

tons  of 5* QBs who never do anything 

he was a highschooler when I said that... and I was the first to talk about him here

Every 17 year old has massive bust potential and All I said was he was the best HS QB I’ve ever seen and was going to be a top pick... i was going to the us all American bowl

You can be a douche but that is a prediction... because there are a dozens and dozens  5* QBs who haven’t planned out over the years 

fact

most 5* football recruits don’t even make the league... but Lawrence was a guaranteed star when I made this when he was a high schooler ? Yea right funny joke

4 out of 10 5* QBs don’t even get drafted and 60% that do don’t even last 5-6 years in the league... 5* QB retention rate is 40%

I realize it isn’t the boldest take... but nobody was even talking about Lawrence here in 17

Edited by Buffalo716