Found in archives-best long range prediction ever on TSW?

It's really quite amazing to remember how bad the defense was in that first game (and then the first half of the next game) and to imagine that the team would be one Baker-Mayfield-pass-on-his-last-drive away from the #1 defense in football.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

I'm confused.  That thread was started last September.  The math doesn't add up.

Maybe they thought bills would be picking #1 overall and I believe Oliver was being gushed over as a potential #1 pick at the time. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Maybe they thought bills would be picking #1 overall and I believe Oliver was being gushed over as a potential #1 pick at the time. 

That's the feeling I got.  Still neat we got a supposedly potential #1 pick at #9 anyways.

43 minutes ago, DJB said:

My long range prediction of this thread is that it goes down in flames. 

I would actually find a compilation of old predictions and how they turned out to be interesting.  I like those lists with draft prediction turnouts and whatnot.

• Like (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Whatever happened to 26cornerblitz, he used to copy paste articles all day on here then he went cold turkey 

he turned 40 and his parents made him get a job.

• Haha (+1) 16
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Ah, but he failed to predict Oliver would fall to 9th! 

some interesting stuff in that thread (it's only 2 pages).  Someone said no way we would take D, another said, "take Haskins," which is somewhat impressive given it was at the beginning of the college season I think, and another (not me) astutely noted, "We traded the whole team for the opportunity to pick Allen.  Now we have a QB that isn't ready yet and no other playmakers.  It's gonna be a long year but a really fun off-season."  

Interesting to read all of that now!  

• Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

some interesting stuff in that thread (it's only 2 pages).  Someone said no way we would take D, another said, "take Haskins," which is somewhat impressive given it was at the beginning of the college season I think, and another (not me) astutely noted, "We traded the whole team for the opportunity to pick Allen.  Now we have a QB that isn't ready yet and no other playmakers.  It's gonna be a long year but a really fun off-season."  

Interesting to read all of that now!  

Ya that was an interesting "stealth tank" year.

3 hours ago, MJS said:

I guess some people spend their free time digging through old threads. That's my biggest takeaway.

I was looking for something else when I stumbled onto this.  I never found what I was looking for & gave up.  

People who are spending their free time on a message board themselves shouldn't throw stones from their glass house. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2